- Getting a PUP on your device can be really frustrating so you will need a Potentially Unwanted Program removal tool.
- In this article, we will explain how to delete Potentially Unwanted Programs for Windows PC.
- The best on our list of tools to remove PUPs is Bitdefender, a top-class security solution.
- ZemanaAntiMalware Portable and Malwarebytes can also help you get rid of any PUP on your PC.
Today, we will be showing you the top 6 Potentially Unwanted Program removal tools for Windows PC. You may be wondering what is Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)?
So, we will start by defining PUP. A Potentially Unwanted Program is software that gets on your system while installing another program. This normally occurs when you are installing freeware on your PC.
The installation prompts request that you install additional bundled components such as toolbars, programs, adware, etc on your PC.
However, these unwanted programs are bundled on many freeware installers available on the WWW. Hence, you need to beware of optional installs as it may be budding PUPs.
Some download sites such as Softonic, CNET are common spots where Potentially Unwanted Programs can be found.
In order to avoid labeling downloadable programs as malware, McAfee Antivirus labeled these unwanted programs as Potentially Unwanted Program.
Meanwhile, these PUPs damage your PC by replicating its process activity; some Windows users reported that PUPs increases on their PC most especially once they are connected to the Internet.
These programs can wreck the PC even more than viruses; for instance, a web browser that has more than ten PUP toolbars will definitely be slow, impede performance, and even constantly crash.
Common Symptoms of PC infected with Potentially Unwanted Program
The following are characteristics exhibited in a PC infected with PUP:
- Pop-up ads indicate infected PC
- Random web pages which keep on opening new tabs
- Advertising banners injected into all web pages that you visit
- Browser pop-ups which recommend fake updates
- Unapproved programs installed without your knowledge
- Your browser homepage is changed without your knowledge
In addition, you can detect PUP by accessing the list of programs on your PC and then locate programs that you are not familiar with, most especially programs with the term toolbar, adware, or even funny names programs.
Examples of known Potentially Unwanted Programs are listed in the table below:
|Adlyrics||Network System Driver|
|BuzzSearch||Perion Network Ltd.|
|CloudScout Parental Control||Qvo6|
|Coupon Printer for Win||Rocketfuel Installer|
|Dealio||Save Daily Deals|
|Desktop Temperature Monitor||Savepath Deals|
|IAC Search & Media||SS8|
|JfileManager 7||Visicom Media Inc.|
|Level Quality Watcher||Wajam|
|Mindspark Interactive||WebCake Deals & Ad’s|
|Moshe Caspi||Word Proser|
However, in order to get rid of this problem, Windows Report team has compiled a list of top 5 Potentially Unwanted Program removal tool for you. You can use any of these tools to remove all Potentially Unwanted Program on your Windows PC.
- Control Panel
- IObit Uninstaller
- Hitman Pro
- ZemanaAntiMalware Portable