3. Download Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
If your application still cannot start, you might need to reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. Adobe applications rely heavily on Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, so you will have to install it.
According to Microsoft, Adobe applications require the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, and you can download it from Microsoft’s website for free.
Just make sure that you download and install both x86 and x64 versions if you’re using a 64-bit operating system.
Just remember to restart your PC after you’ve installed Visual Studio Redistributable, so the changes can be applied.
4. Delete the OOBE folder
- In the Search bar type Control Panel, and click on the result.
- Go to Appearance and Personalization.
- Under File Explorer Options, click on Show hidden files and folders.
- Check Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click Apply.
Now you need to delete the contents of the OOBE folder:
- Close Creative Cloud desktop app.
- Go to the following path:
- Delete all the files in the OOBE folder.
- Restart your PC, and then the Creative Cloud app.
Because the content in the OOBE folder will be rebuilt, you will have to wait a little longer than usual for the app to load. Don’t panic, just leave the app to do its thing for a few minutes.
This will fix any Adobe Creative Cloud issues you might have encountered.
As you can see, fixing these issues is relatively easy. You just need to keep your Windows 10 up to date, your app up to date, and to have Visual Studio installed.
If you have any more questions or concerns about the Adobe Creative Cloud, feel free to share them in the comments section below.
FAQ: Common issues with Adobe CC
- Why is my Adobe Creative Cloud not working?
Follow the troubleshooting steps listed above to diagnose issues with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Why won’t Adobe install on my computer?
If you can’t download the installer, try temporarily disabling your firewall and VPN. Also, you should try with a different browser. If the installation is not starting, then disable your malware protection and try again Additionally, take a look at our guide to fixing install errors with Adobe.
- How long does it take to install Adobe Creative Cloud?
The installation time depends on two factors: your download speed and how many applications you wish to install. In general, it should take between 1.5 to 2 hrs to install all 20+ Adobe Creative Cloud apps.
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published in October 2015 and was revamped and updated in January 2021 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.