So I bought a new PC a month ago and whilst playing many games the PC will stop responding and crash. When I checked the event viewer it said that the Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding.
This issue can become extremely frustrating, as the results are sudden black screens. In order to fix these issues, in today’s article, we will discuss the best troubleshooting methods available.
Please follow the steps presented in this article carefully to avoid any other complications.
How do I fix display driver Amdkmdap not responding?
1. Check Windows for available updates
- Click on the Cortana search box and type Update.
- Select the first option from the top.
- Inside the Windows Update window, click on Check for updates.
- Wait for Windows to check for any available drivers, and install them if any updates are available.
- Restart your PC and check to see if the issue persists.
2. Uninstall the AMD video driver and re-install it
To uninstall without leaving any traces behind:
- Download Display Driver Uninstaller.
- Open the .zip file by double-clicking on it.
- Extract the content of the .zip file to an easy-to-access folder.
- Double-click the DDU executable file and install it on your PC.
- Restart your PC in Safe Mode.
- Navigate to the folder you extracted the files to and double-click the Display Driver Uninstaller.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to delete the Display Driver.
To re-install the latest AMD drivers:
- Visit the official AMD website.
- Search for the display drivers that your computer needs.
- Download and install them by following the on-screen instructions.
Drivers are essential for your PC and all the programs that you use daily. If you want to avoid crashes, freezes, bugs, lag or any other problems, you will need to keep them updated.
Constantly checking for driver updates is time consuming. Fortunately, you can use an automated solution that will safely check for new updates and apply them with ease, and that’s why we strongly recommend DriverFix.
Follow these easy steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
3. Use the Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R keys on your keyboard, type Regedit, and press Enter.
- Inside the Registry Editor window -> navigate to the location:
- Right-click the right-side tab and click New.
- Select DWord (32 bit) Value. Name it TdrLevel and set it to 0.
- Restart your PC.
In this guide, we explored some of the best methods to deal with the Amdkmdap stopped responding error message on Windows 10. We hope the steps presented here managed to help you solve this annoying issue.
If you would like to let us know if this fixed your issue, or if you have any suggestions, please feel free to let us know by using the comment section below.