From a faulty USB cable to some corrupted drivers or anything in between, the issues pile up. For more info on how to do that, check the guide below.
How to fix the USB device not recognized Blue Yeti error?
1. Use DriverFix
Improve the performance of your harware with this professional software that can scan your device at light speed and provide an accurate report of all the drivers that need updating.
With this app you have a data base of over 18 million new files tat you can download in order to to keep your system running smoothly all the time. Rely on the Schedule Manager feature to not miss on any updates.
2. Inspect the hardware
- Check your hardware – verify that everything is in working condition.
- Make sure your mic is turned on and functioning, and your Windows 10 PC doesn’t have any unknown problems.
- Check the connection – one of the most common problems is the cable.
- This seems like an obvious and quite silly fix, but you have to know that Blue Yeti mic’s only work on a USB 2.0, and not on USB 3.0.
- Changing the USB helped the majority of users, and it could also help you save a lot of time and hassle.
If the Blue Yeti mic is not recognized on your Windows 10, then a good idea is to check yourand verify if the cables are working properly. If this doesn’t fix the problem, see our next solution.
3. Run the Playing Audio troubleshooter
- Go to Start, then select Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- In the left side-bar, select Troubleshoot.
- In the right section, click on Playing Audio and then on Run the troubleshooter.
- Wait for the process to finish.
When the Blue Yeti drivers are not working on your Windows 10, then it’s time you perform some troubleshooting, which in this case is quite easy to do if you follow our guide.
3. Set Blue Yeti as default device
- Right-click the Speakers icon in the bottom left of your Windows 10 display.
- Click on Sounds.
- Select the Recording tab.
- Find your Blue Yeti microphone, right-click it, and select Set as Default Device.
- Click Apply and then OK.
Another efficient option you can resort to if the Blue Yeti microphone is not working on Windows 10, is to set Yeti as your default device. Start off by opening the Sound menu then follow our instructions.
If this solution didn’t work or your Blue Yeti wasn’t on the list, then go to the next solution.
4. Update, Uninstall, orReinstall Blue Yeti drivers
- In the Windows search box type Device Manager and hit enter.
- In Device Manager find Sound, video and game controllers and expand it.
- Find your device, right-click it and choose Update driver.
- When the new window appears, choose Search automatically for updated driver software and wait for the process to finish.
You can follow the same steps to disable or uninstall the device. Also, you can uninstall your mic, disconnect it from the PC, reconnect it and allow Windows 10 install the drivers.
- Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
- After the download has finished, right-click the installer and choose Proprieties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Under Compatibility mode, check Run this program in compatibility mode for and choose Windows 7.
- Click Apply and OK.
The Blue Yeti issue might also have been caused by a faulty installation, so in order to fix the issue, it’s best to remove, then reinstall the drivers. After this, your Blue Yeti mic should work perfectly on Windows 10.
As you can see there are various solutions you can resort to if the Blue Yeti is not recognized by Windows 10.