CID_HANDLE_DELETION is a similar BSOD error that can arise in Windows. That BSOD displays a 0x00000017 Stop error message. The potential resolutions for the 0x00000016 and 0x00000017 Stop errors are much the same.
How do I fix the 0x016 and 0x017 BSoD errors?
1. Use a professional solution
Regardless if you must fix the CID_HANDLE_CREATION or CID_HANDLE_DELETION error, there are professional solutions that will simplify your task. We recommend you a complete system solution necessary in every user’s computer.
It was designed to solve the BSoD error codes such as 0x00000016 or 0x00000017 in a fast and efficient manner. Moreso, this software will remove malware threats and warn you against visiting any dangerous websites it detects. It will also free precious disk space from your computer.
After you download this app, install it, let it scan your operating system, and after the scanning process has ended, it will also replace any damaged Windows files it detects. After using this powerful software, your computer will operate again at maximum performance.
Restoro is powered by an online database that features the latest functional system files for Windows 10 PCs, allowing you to easily replace any elements that can cause a BSoD error.
This software can also help you by creating a restore point before starting the repairs, enabling you to easily restore the previous version of your system if something goes wrong.
This is how you can fix registry errors using Restoro:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for the software to identify stability issues and possible corrupted files.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
As soon as the fixing process is completed, your PC should work without problems, and you will not have to worry about BSoD errors or slow response times ever again.
Disclaimer: This program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Close startup and other background software
- Right-click the taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Select third-party apps and background apps listed on the Processes tab and select End task to close them.
- To stop programs starting with Windows, click Start-up.
- Then select superfluous software there and click Disable to remove them from startup.
Closing startup and other background software in Task Manager will free up system resources. It might also remove conflicting programs that trigger BSOD issues.
3. Update the graphics card driver
Error 0x00000016 can be due to an outdated or incompatible graphics card driver. You can update your graphics card driver, and others, with specific software. Since BSoDs are very serious, you probably want a quick and efficient solution, and there’s none better than a third-party driver updater and fixer.
This lightweight utility scans your entire PC from the first launch, and then identifies older, malfunctioning, or even missing drivers. Replacements will then be downloaded and installed on your PC. All you need to do to finish the whole process is simply restart your PC.
This driver updater and fixer shows you what are the latest drivers available. You will just have to choose if you want to update them one by one or all of them. After your drivers have been updated, this offers you a better gaming performance.
4. Run a system file scan
- Press the Windows key + S hotkey to open a search box.
- Type cmd in the search box to find Command Prompt.
- Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator on the context menu.
- Type in this command, and press the Enter key:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Next, input sfc /scannow
- Press Return to initiate a System File Checker scan.
- When SFC is done, it will display one of four alternative messages in Command Prompt.
- Restart the desktop or laptop if Windows Resource Protection repaired files.
BSOD errors can often arise due to system file corruption, which is something the System File Checker can fix.