How can I disable Creative Cloud sync?
1. Install the latest version
First, let’s make sure you have the latest functionalities, updates and bug fixes. Then we go to making our settings changes from the next step.
To do this, you need to download the latest version of Adobe Creative Cloud, and further you can continue with the next steps to turn off the cloud sync.
Adobe Creative Cloud
Get rid of errors and update Adobe Creative Cloud to its latest version. Try it out now!
2. Turn off the Sync setting
- First, launch the Creative Cloud app from the Start menu if it’s not already running.
- Click the Creative Cloud icon on the system tray.
- Go to the gear button at the top right of the CC app window, and select Preferences.
- Select the Creative Cloud tab.
- Then click Files to open the options shown directly below.
- Thereafter, toggle the Sync On/Off setting off.
3. Delete the Creative Cloud Files folder
- You can remove the shortcut for the Creative Cloud Files folder on the left Navigation panel of File Explorer with the PinCCF.zip, which contains an official registry file from Adobe. Download this PinCCF.zip file to a folder.
- Open File Explorer’s window by pressing the Windows key + E hotkey.
- Then open the folder that includes the PinCCF.zip.
- Click the PinCCF.zip to open it.
- Press the Extract all button to open the window shown directly below.
- Click the Extract button.
- Double-click the unPinCCF.reg file in the extracted folder.
- A Registry Editor dialog box will then open. Click the Yes button on the window to proceed.
- Press the OK button.
- Restart Windows after updating the registry with unPinCCF.reg.
- Thereafter, the Creative Cloud Files folder will not be on File Explorer’s Navigation panel. Users can restore the Creative Cloud Files folder by double-clicking the rePinCCF.reg file.
So, that’s how you can disable CC’s file syncing and remove the Creative Cloud Files folder on the left of File Explorer. Note that the Creative Cloud Files folder might reappear when the CC app gets updated.
For any more questions or suggestions, reach for the comments section below.
FAQ: Learn more about Adobe Creative Cloud
- What is file syncing in Creative Cloud?
Adobe Creative Cloud offers storage in the cloud that can be used to save the files you created with the apps from Creative Cloud as well as the other assets that you have, and you use or intend on using in your projects.
- How do I turn on file sync in Creative Cloud?
If you want to turn on file sync in Creative Cloud, you need to recreate the steps from our guide until the very last step where you adjust the setting to ON.
- What operating system do I need for Adobe Creative Cloud?
Creative Cloud desktop app is compatible with Microsoft Windows 10 and Mac OS X v10.12 or later. Also, find some awesome tips to improve performance in Windows 10 from our detailed guide.
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published in December 2019 and was revamped and updated in January 2021 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.