In either case, the printer usually can’t connect to Wi-Fi.
Why is my Epson printer not connecting to Wi-Fi?
Some users might see an Epson Printer Wi-Fi Setup Failed message when trying to set up the WF-3640 for wireless printing.
The wireless setup might fail due to users entering invalid SSID or password details. That issue can also arise due to network settings conflicts or dropped Wi-Fi connections.
Some WF-3640 users, who have already set up the printer, might see a Printer is offline message when they try to print wirelessly.
This wireless printing error can be a printer driver issue. However, firewalls can also block Epson wireless printer connections.
How do I get my Epson printer to print wirelessly?
1. Update the drivers with DriverFix
DriverFix can be a potential resolution for users who need to fix the WF-3640’s printer offline error.
That driver updater software will quickly scan your PC and list hardware devices with outdated drivers. DriverFix’s scan report might show you that the WF-3640 needs a driver update.
If so, you’ll be able to click an Update button for the WF-3640 printer that will download its latest drivers. DriverFix Pro will automatically install the downloaded printer drivers when you click its Automatically Install option.
Useful DriverFix features
- DriverFix’s download manager displays download progress
- Driver backup feature enables users to back up drivers
- Schedule manager feature enables users to schedule scanning
- Live chat support is provided on DriverFix’s website
Ensure that the correct version of drivers are installed for your Epson WF-3640 printer to avoid any connectivity issues.
2. Turn off Windows Defender Firewall
- Click the magnifying glass button icon on the left side of Windows 10’s taskbar, which opens the search box.
- Type firewall in the search box.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall to open the Control Panel applet shown directly below.
- Click Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off to open those settings.
- Select the radio buttons for both the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall options, and click OK to confirm.
Users with third-party antivirus or firewall software should either disable or uninstall those utilities.