The complete error message says Applying update operation, it takes a while, and your system boots after the operation.
Also, you are likely to get this error c0000022 after you carried out a Windows update, and it comes up whenever you turn on your system. Below are solutions that will resolve this issue.
How do I fix the fatal error c0000022 in Windows 10?
1. Repair your system with an advanced tool
As a first solution we recommend you perform a system recovery by using professional software that can restore your Windows 10 to a previous health point.
Restoro is powered by an online database that features the latest functional system files for Windows 10 PCs, allowing you to easily replace any elements that can cause a BSoD error.
This software can also help you by creating a restore point before starting the repairs, enabling you to easily restore the previous version of your system if something goes wrong.
This is how you can fix registry errors using Restoro:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for the software to identify stability issues and possible corrupted files.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
As soon as the fixing process is completed, your PC should work without problems, and you will not have to worry about BSoD errors or slow response times ever again.
Disclaimer: This program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Hard reset your computer
- Press the Power button and keep holding it until the computer goes off completely.
- When the PC is powered off, the next step is to disconnect all peripherals and storage devices connected to it.
- Next, turn the machine back on.
If the error c0000022 was a result of a minor bug from a Windows update or similar operation, then a hard reset will fix the problem.
When your computer boots, the error will disappear. If it doesn’t, the next step is to troubleshoot hardware failure with the System Diagnostics utility.
3. Perform a system test with System Diagnostics
- Connect your computer to an external outlet and power it off. Leave it plugged in throughout this operation.
- Press and hold the power button to turn off your computer.
- When the display turns on, start pressing the ESC button continuously.
- Press the corresponding key for the System Diagnostics option, which is usually F2.
- Scroll down to System Tests using your arrow buttons and hit Enter to select it.
- If the error c0000022 issue was due to a hardware malfunction, the test will point it out, and you can now be sure of what to fix or replace.
Note: Before entering the System Tests utility, confirm that your computer is still connected to a power source because the operation takes quite some time, most times more than thirty minutes.
4. Use the System Restore feature
- Turn on your computer and press the ESC key repeatedly immediately the screen comes on.
- Continue pressing ESC until you see the System Diagnostics menu.
- Here in the System Diagnostics menu, press F11 to select System Recovery.
- Select your language next and strike Enter.
- Next, navigating with the arrow keys, go to Troubleshoot and hit Enter.
- Navigate to Advanced options > System Restore. You will now see the System Restore wizard.
- Choose a restore point that predates the error c0000022 and click on Next.
- Finally, hit the Finish button to begin the system restore operation.
A system restore, as the name reveals, brings your machine back to the state it was at the time of creating a restore point. Since you selected a date before the error c0000022 showed up, it should fix the issue.
5. Uninstall the most recent update before the error c0000022
- Press the Windows key + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Here, click on Update & Security.
- Next, go to Update History.
- Click on Uninstall Updates.
- Find the most recent one, click on it, and hit Uninstall.
- Restart your computer.
After hard-resetting your PC and restoring it, if the fatal error c0000022 persists, it may be triggered by a buggy system update.
These updates are usually followed up by patches. The steps above show you how to uninstall a recent update.
So, if your printer driver installation has been failed due to a fatal error like c0000022 preventing product driver installation, you can download the latest updates in order to fix the issue.