4. Make sure Windows Media Player is installed
- Press Windows Key + S and type features. Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
- Windows Features window will appear. Scroll down to Media Features section and make sure to check Windows Media Player. You might have to wait a bit for Windows Media Player to download and install.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Users report crashes at the language page, and if you’re having this problem, you can fix it by activating Windows Media Player.
It seems that game’s intro requires Windows Media Player, and if Media Player isn’t activated the crash occurs.
5. Change your PC name and/or user name
- Press Windows Key + S and type system. Choose System Configuration from the list of results.
- When System window opens, click on Change settings option.
- Go to Computer Name tab and click the Change button.
- In Computer name section enter a new name for your computer. Remember not to use any special characters.
- Click OK to save changes and restart your computer.
To change your username, just do the following:
- Open Settings app and go to Accounts.
- Click change my Microsoft account.
- Click Edit name and type a new username.
FIFA 16 supports only ASCII characters, and if your PC name or username has at least one special character, it might cause FIFA 16 to crash.
To fix this issue, make sure to alter your username or PC name so it doesn’t contain any special characters. To change the computer name, follow the steps above.
Previous steps work only if you’re using Microsoft account, but if you’re using local account, you’ll just have to create a new local account that doesn’t have any any special characters in its name.
6. Run the game in compatibility mode
- Locate FIFA 16 shortcut or .exe file and right click it. Choose Properties from the menu.
- Go to Compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode for. Select Windows 7 or any other older version of Windows.
- Click Apply and OK to save changes.
If FIFA 16 is crashing on your Windows 10 computer, you might want to try running it in compatibility mode. To do that, follow the steps above.
7. Move your FIFA 16 folder to Desktop
In some cases, FIFA 16 folder can get corrupted and cause the game to crash while launching. In you are having this issue, you should go to Documents folder, locate FIFA 16 directory and move it to your Desktop.
After you start the game, FIFA 16 directory will be recreated and repaired.
8. Make sure that your drivers are up to date
If you’re having FIFA 16 crashes on your computer, make sure that you update your display drivers.
Just visit the website of your graphic card manufacturer, locate your graphics card and download the latest drivers for it.
After you’ve installed the latest drivers, restart your computer and try running FIFA 16 again.
All your drivers need to be updated, but doing it manually sometimes can be tricky, so we recommend using a dedicated tool to do it automatically.
The solution recommended below will update and repair all your drivers in a single take with just a few clicks from you.
Your GPU and CPU are extremely important when it comes to gaming, or when running any other type of dedicated application that puts your PC’s hardware to the test.
In order to keep your PC ready for any new game or intense workload, be sure to use an automated driver assistant that will always keep your driver versions updated.
Besides this, a specialized software also ensures that the driver installation process is easy to initiate, assuring ease of mind. One such software is the powerful and versatile DriverFix.
Follow these easy steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for the newly installed app to detect all your PC’s faulty drivers.
- You will be presented with a list of all the drivers that have issues, and you can choose the ones that you want to fix.
- Wait for the driver download and fixing process to complete.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Do not let a bad driver interfere with your games and installed software. Use DriverFix today and run them without a single issue.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
9. Other quick fixes that you should try
- Disable your Internet connection
In some cases, FIFA 16 crashes can be caused by your internet connection, so it’s advised that you disable it while starting FIFA 16.
After the game starts, you can minimize it and enable your Internet connection again.
- Unplug all USB controllers
If FIFA 16 crashes while starting, you can try disconnecting all USB controllers. After you’ve disconnected all USB controllers, start the game and reconnect them.
- Disable unnecessary applications
Certain application, such as FRAPS, can cause FIFA 16 to crash. If you’re using FRAPS, we highly advise you to disable it before trying to run FIFA 16.
It has been reported that FIFA 16 freezes and crashes while loading a saved career. If you’re having this issue, just delete your Game Face and crashing issues should be resolved.