What causes Registry errors?
Registry errors occur mainly when new applications are installed over existing ones without completely uninstalling the previous one and its components.
What causes File system error – 1073741515 in Windows 10?
- Malfunctioning Hardware
- Errors in Windows Explorer
- Malicious Software (viruses, adware, and spyware)
- Registry Errors
What are the symptoms of File system error – 1073741515?
How can I fix the File system error 1073741515 in Windows 10?
1. Use a dedicated troubleshooter
System errors, just like BSoDs, can be very vague and their cause can’t always be pinpointed. So a troubleshooter will scan your system in search of bugs, eliminating them and fixing potential vulnerabilities.
Restoro is powered by an online database that features the latest functional system files for Windows 10 PCs, allowing you to easily replace any elements that can cause a BSoD error.
This software can also help you by creating a restore point before starting the repairs, enabling you to easily restore the previous version of your system if something goes wrong.
This is how you can fix registry errors using Restoro:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for the software to identify stability issues and possible corrupted files.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
As soon as the fixing process is completed, your PC should work without problems, and you will not have to worry about BSoD errors or slow response times ever again.
Disclaimer: This program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
- Download Windows Repair Pro.
- Look in the newly unzipped folder created in your desired location and open the folder tagged files (…windows repair v…files).
- In the files folder, locate fix_exe_hijack.inf file.
- Right-click on the file and select Install.
- After installing the .inf file, restart your PC.
- Alternatively, install the .exe file.
- Launch and click on the Repairs – Main tab and then Preset: All Repairs
- Ensure that all boxes for All Repairs are checked. Then click Start Repairs.
- User must be an Administrator to run the repairs.
- Do not cancel the process, wait for the repair to run its course.
- Restart your computer.
On restarting your PC, you should now be able to open applications and administrative tools without experiencing the File System Error 1073741515.
- Hold Windows Key + S.
- Type Settings in the search box and click on it.
- Click on Update and Security.
- Select Recovery.
- Under Reset this PC, click Get Started to initiate the reset/refresh.
- Take note of the prompt as they appear and choose whether to keep your personal files or erase them.
- After completing the refresh, your PC configurations should now be set to default and all registry pile-ups cleaned up.
- Re-install your applications and launch them.
- The File System Error – 1073741515 should be gone.
- Also, try launching Administrative tools and Windows troubleshooter, everything should now work fine.
Performing a PC refresh or reset on Windows 10 will basically reinstall the operating system, remove all third-party applications while leaving all personal data unaffected.
- Download Malwarebytes.
- Follow the prompts to install it on your computer.
- In the anti-malware software interface, click on the Scan button to initiate a quick or full system scan and follow the on-screen prompts.
- After the system scan is complete, check the Select all box.
- Click Remove to delete all threats on your computer.
Performing a quick scan with Malwarebytes’ anti-malware tool ensures that File system error 1073741515 does not occur again.
Malwarebytes optimizes your computer by removing all traces of malware, adware, and spyware to ensure a smooth running of your machine.