This is a Blue Screen of Death error and it’s usually related to drivers.
It’s quite annoying because your computer will restart when you receive this error, so here are few tips on how to fix this error.
But first, here are some more similar error messages and codes that can be resolved with the same solutions:
- wdboot sys sys critical_structure_corruption
- store data structure corruption BSOD
- MSDN bugcheck critical_structure_corruption
- critical_structure_corruption win32kfull sys
How can I fix the CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error?
- Unplug all the peripherals from your computer
- Download the latest drivers for your motherboard and chipset
- Run the SFC scan
- Run DISM
- Check the hard drive
- Use Driver Verifier Manager
- Use Memory Diagnostic Tool
- Perform a clean install of Windows 10
1. Unplug all the peripherals from your computer
These issues can be caused by additional devices attached to your computer, so if you have an external hard drive, printer, or anything else attached, you need to detach it from your computer.
Leave only your mouse and keyboard attached, and try again.
If your computer isn’t giving you the critical_structure_corruption error it means that problem is related to an external device.
You just need to plug in your devices one by one, until you find which device is causing you this problem. Then update drivers for it, and everything should be back to normal.
2. Download the latest drivers for your motherboard and chipset
Sometimes your motherboard can produce driver issues with a new operating system such as Windows 10, and usually, the best option is to go to the motherboard manufacturer’s website and download the latest driver for your motherboard and chipset.
Update drivers automatically
It is very important to choose the right driver versions from the manufacturer’s website. However, obtaining the right drivers for your chipset can be tricky sometimes. So, software dedicated to finding drivers automatically may come in handy.