Built-in webcams don’t work when that error message pops up. Here are a few resolutions that can fix the media capture failed event 0xa00f4271 error code.
How can I fix error code 0xa00f4271 mediacapture failed event?
1. Open the Microsoft Store App Troubleshooter
- Click Type here to search to open Cortana.
- Enter troubleshoot in the search box, and click Troubleshoot settings.
- Next, select the Microsoft Store App troubleshooter within the Settings window that opens.
- Then click the Run this troubleshooter button.
- Thereafter, users can go through the resolutions provided by the troubleshooter.
- Restart Windows after applying a suggested resolution.
The Microsoft Store App troubleshooter might provide a resolution when the error code 0xa00f4271 pertains more specifically to UWP apps that utilize the webcam.
In order to repair Windows 10 errors, you can also use a professional tool like Restoro that can repair damaged files and restore your device to its optimum capacity.
Restoro can remove malware threats, as well as any remaining damaged from previous virus infections. You can rely on this tool to keep safe from dangerous websites and prevent your PC from crashes and freezes.
Windows Update is meant to improve the overall performance of your operating system, integrate new features, and even upgrade the existing ones. However, there are times when certain errors may occur out of the blue.
Thankfully, if you happen to run into such issues, there is a specialized Windows repair software that can help you solve them in no time, and it is called Restoro.
This is how you can fix registry errors using Restoro:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch Restoro.
- Wait for it to find any system stability issues and possible malware infections.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
Your computer should work perfectly fine and you will no longer have to worry about Windows Update errors of any kind.
Disclaimer: This program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Check the Camera’s settings
- Open Cortana and enter camera in its search box.
- Select Camera privacy settings in search results to open the window shown directly below.
- If that window states Camera access to this device is off, users will need to click Change and toggle the Camera access for this device option on.
- Then turn the Allow apps to access your camera option on.
- Check that the webcam apps you’re trying to utilize the camera with are also enabled under the Choose which apps can access your camera subheading.
- Restart Windows after adjusting camera settings.
Make sure that the Let apps use my camera hardware option is toggled on. Apps can’t utilize the webcam with that setting is off. Users can check the camera’s settings as mentioned above.
3. Edit the registry
- First, open Run with the Windows key + R hotkey. Then users can open the Registry Editor by entering regedit in Run and clicking OK.
- Open this registry path in the Registry Editor:
- Double-click Windows Media Foundation on the left of the Registry Editor.
- Right-click a space on the right of the Registry Editor’s window and select New, then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Enter EnableFrameServerMode as the title for the new DWORD.
- Then double-click EnableFrameServerMode to open the window in the shot directly below.
- Input 0 in the Data value text box, and click the OK button.
- Restart Windows after editing the registry.
Some users have said that they’ve fixed the 0xa00f4271 media capture failed event error by editing the registry. So, this procedure can be among the best fixes and you can apply it as mentioned above.
4. Update the webcam’s driver
The 0xa00f4271 camera error can arise due to an antiquated webcam driver. In this situation, you can use DriverFix, a software that will provide you with an accurate report of what drivers need to be updated.
This way you can also find out if your webcam drivers need some new patches or not. DriverFix offers users a database of over 18 million fresh files you can download in order to keep your device updated.
Thanks to this intelligent tool you won’t miss any critical updates ever again thanks to the Schedule Manager that sends you notifications regarding new patches that are crucial to your device.