Restart your computer and try to install updates again. If using System File Checker doesn’t help you fix error 87 the parameter is incorrect, try the next solution.
4. Use Windows app troubleshooter
- Open the Windows search box and type Control Panel.
- Go to the top right corner and change View by option to Large icons.
- Click Troubleshooting.
- Click on View all option on the left panel.
- Select Windows Update.
- Follow the instructions to run the app troubleshooter
The app troubleshooter automatically fixes some of the problems that may prevent apps from running, which includes incorrect security or account settings.
5. Update the display driver
- Right-click Start and select Device Manager.
- Find Display Adapters and click on it to expand the list of adapters.
- Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and select Update Driver.
- Select automatically search for the updated driver software.
- Restart the computer.
Sometimes, error 87 may be as a result of your display adapter drivers, so you can use the steps above to update the Display driver and see if it helps.
You can also check your computer manufacturer’s website and download the latest display drivers for your computer, and install the same.
Updating drivers manually can be time-consuming or you may install the wrong drivers. There are tools that can help you automatically install all the drivers you need.
If you are a gamer, photo/video producer, or you deal daily with any kind of intensive visual workflows then you already know the importance of your graphics card (GPU).
To make sure that everything goes smoothly and avoid any kind of GPU driver errors, be sure to use a complete driver update assistant that will solve your problems with just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix.
Follow these easy steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The application will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for the app to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep you GPU on the peaks of their performance without worrying about its drivers.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
6. Install the drivers in compatibility mode
- Download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website.
- Save it on your local disk.
- Right-click on the driver set up file and select Properties.
- Click Compatibility tab.
- Check the box next to Run this program in Compatibility mode.
- Select the Operating System from the drop-down list.
- The driver will install, then check its functionality.
- Restart the computer and check if the issue persists
You can go to the graphics card manufacturer’s website and find the latest drivers available for your specific model, then install it using the instructions given on the website.
7. Turn off firewalls and any antivirus
Sometimes having multiple firewalls, antivirus or malware programs, may at times prevent you from performing certain tasks or run processes on your computer.
If this is the cause of the issue, turn either of the three off temporarily then try to log in again. Ensure you turn them back on after you’re done to prevent hackers, viruses from damaging your system.
Did any of these solutions help you to fix the 87: The parameter is incorrect error? Share with us your experience by leaving a comment in the section below.