Why does Windows 10 Help keep opening? Sometimes, your Help key may get stuck and this could trigger the ‘Get help’ alerts. This issue may also occur due to incorrect system settings.
In this guide, we’ll cover both these situations as well as other particular cases.
These are a few resolutions that might fix a How to get help in Windows 10 search pop up that opens automatically.
How do I stop How to get help in Windows 10 from popping up?
- Check whether the F1 key is jammed or not
- Remove programs from the Windows 10 Startup
- Check the Filter Key and Sticky Key settings
- Turn off the F1 key
- Edit the Registry
1. Check whether the F1 key jammed or not
It might be the case that you need to fix your keyboard. The get help in Windows 10 pop up will open if the F1 key is stuck in any way.
So, check the F1 key. The Windows 10 help pop up might not automatically pop up with an alternative desktop keyboard. You can unplug a desktop keyboard to see if the pop up still opens.
2. Remove programs from Windows 10 Startup
- Open the Win + X menu with the Windows key + X hotkey.
- Select to open Task Manager.
- Select the Start-up tab shown in the shot directly below.
- You can disable a startup program by selecting it and pressing the Disable button.
Keyboard macro programs can automatically press the F1 keys with their macros. As such, it’s worth checking if you have any startup software that might be opening the get help in Windows 10 pop up.
3. Check the Filter Key and Sticky Key settings
- Press the Type here to search Cortana button on the taskbar
- Input the keyword Sticky Key in the search box
- Select Turn on easy access keys to open the Control Panel as shown directly below
- Deselect the Turn on Sticky Keys option if it’s selected
- Uncheck the Turn on Filter Keys setting
- Click Apply > OK to confirm the new settings and close the window
- The get help in Windows 10 pop up might open if you’ve set up F1 as a Filter Key or Sticky Key. To deselect those options in Win 10, p
4. Turn off the F1 key
- Press Download on this Softpedia page to save the SharpKeys ZIP to your HDD.
- Open the SharpKeys ZIP in File Explorer, and press the Extract all button.
- Click Browse to select a folder to extract SharpKeys to, and click the Extract button.
- Open the SharpKeys window, and select F1 in the Map this key list.
- Select Turn Key Off in the To this key list, and press the OK button.
- Then select the Write to Registry option, and restart your desktop or laptop.
SharpKeys is freeware keyboard-mapping software you can turn off most keyboard keys with.
5. Edit the Registry
- Press Windows key + R keyboard shortcut.
- Input regedit in Run, and press the OK button.
- Then open to this registry key in the Registry Editor:
- Double-click EnableActiveProbing to open the window shown directly below.
- Then enter 0 in the Value data box to replace the current 1 value.
- Press the OK button, and close the Registry Editor.
- Select Restart to restart Windows.
Some users have also fixed the get help in Windows 10 pop up automatically opening by editing the EnableActiveProbing DWORD value with the Registry Editor.
One of those resolutions will probably fix the get help in Windows 10 Bing search pop up. If you have any further fixes for the Windows 10 help pop up, feel free to share them below.