The BSoD error with the stop code 0x000000f7 can be related to the ntkrnlmp.exe, which is an executable file associated with Windows Operating Systems.
This error can occur due to a bad RAM module, incompatible drivers, glitch in any of the recently installed Windows updates, or hardware issues as reported by the users in the Microsoft community forum.
I keep getting a blue screen and the: “DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER” Message!! when playing game. This can happen 10-30 mins in the game.
I use Advanced SystemCare 10.2 Pro to fix but nothing works. i also update all driver with Driver Booster 4.2 Pro. HELP!!!
In this article, we explore a few common solutions to fix the BSoD error 0x000000f7 in Windows computers.
How do I fix the BSoD error 0x000000f7?
1. Update your computer drivers
Many BSoD errors are related to hardware issues or outdated drivers. Thus, make sure to have all your drivers up to date. You can do this manually from Device Manager.
Searching for computer drivers on your own can be time-consuming. So, we advise you to use a tool that will do this for you automatically.
Some of the most common Windows errors and bugs are a result of old or incompatible drivers. The lack of an up-to-date system can lead to lag, system errors or even BSoDs.To avoid these types of problems, you can use an automatic tool that will find, download, and install the right driver version on your Windows PC in just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix.Follow these easy steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the app.
- Wait for the software to detect all your faulty drivers.
- You will now be presented with a list of all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your Windows safe from any type of errors caused by corrupted drivers, by installing and using DriverFix today!
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Run System File Checker
- Press the Windows key and type cmd.
- Click on Run as Administrator for Command Prompt.
- In the Command Prompt, enter the following command and hit enter:
- Wait for the system file checker tool to scan and validate the system files.
- The tool will fix missing or corrupted files in the system if required.
- Once the scan is 100% complete, reboot the computer and check if the error is resolved.
The SFC scan is a command-line tool that will scan your system for potential errors and resolve them on the way. So, it can also fix the BSoD with stop code 0x000000f7.
If you have any problems while running SFC, it stops or does not work at all on Windows 10, take a look at our dedicated guide in order to fix the issue.
3. Check for memory issues
One of the reasons for the error 0x000000f7 is a bad memory. If your system has a removable RAM module, try changing them.
Restart the device to see if the error is resolved. If you have a custom-built PC, you should be able to remove all the RAM modules. Remove all but one stick and boot the PC to see if the error is resolved.