Some users claimed that they weren’t even on their PC when they noticed that the screen displayed an error message that said that their device had recovered from a bug-check.
If you are also troubled by this error, here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you resolve the BSoD error 0x00000109 error in Windows.
How do I fix the BSoD error 0x00000109?
1. Repair your PC with advanced software
One of the best solutions for fixing the the unkown disk error 0x00000109 is to restore your PC to a healthier state by using a professional tool.
We recommend a software that can repair damaged files on your device as well as removing any remaining bugs from previous virus infections.
Restoro is powered by an online database that features the latest functional system files for Windows 10 PCs, allowing you to easily replace any elements that can cause a BSoD error.
This software can also help you by creating a restore point before starting the repairs, enabling you to easily restore the previous version of your system if something goes wrong.
This is how you can fix registry errors using Restoro:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for the software to identify stability issues and possible corrupted files.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
As soon as the fixing process is completed, your PC should work without problems, and you will not have to worry about BSoD errors or slow response times ever again.
Disclaimer: This program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Scan your system for malware
- This BSoD error can occur due to a malfunctioning driver or if the system is infected with malware.
- If you have an antivirus installed, perform a deep/complete scan of your system.
- If you don’t have an antivirus installed, check out Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is an effective malware removal solution and comes with a fully functional free trial.
- Download and install Malwarebytes and remove any virus and adware detected by the tool.
- Once quarantined, restart the PC and check if the BSoD is resolved.
Certain bugs on your PC can be a main cause for the error code Windows 10 0x00000109, so in order to fix the issue it’s required you scan your device with a high-quality malware removal.
3. Restart your PC in Safe Boot mode
- Press Windows Key +R to open Run.
- Type msconfig and click OK.
- In the System Configuration window, open the Boot tab.
- Under Boot options, check Safe Boot and click Apply and OK.
- System Configuration will ask you to restart the computer.
- Click Restart.
In Safe Boot mode Windows loads the computer with minimal drivers and functionalities. This will allow you to analyze if the error is caused by third-party software or hardware.
If the BSoD error 0x00000109 does not occur in Safe Boot mode, you may have a third-party app creating conflict with the system.
We highly recommend you find out what program is causing the Blue Screen of Death in order to do that you will need to locate and read the BSoD log file.
4. Remove peripheral devices
- If the BSoD error started to occur after installing a new USB device, try disconnecting the devices.
- In case you haven’t installed any new devices, unplug all the peripheral devices and restart the computer.
- If the BSoD does not occur, try connecting all the devices one by one to find if a specific device is causing the error.
- If found, open Device Manager and try updating the device driver.
When you get the unknown disk error: 0x00000109 among the first things you should do is check your hardware settings, start off by disconnecting your devices and then follow the steps we presented above.