It connects to remote servers to mimic Microsoft’s KMS Activation process. Then, it activates your license for up to 180 days.
After expiration, you need to run it again and, voila, you’ll get a new license for 180 days.
It sounds great but it’s not. For various reasons. First, pirated versions of Windows or MS Office are not safe to use. Most of them might serve as a testing ground but not much more.
Second, large installation packages are heaven for hackers, where they can tamper with files and add whatever they want.
Additionally, if you use AutoKMS with original Microsoft products, there’s a great chance that things will go south for you.
Due to security measures, the whole structure can crash or substantially drop in performance. Therefore, we advise you to remove it as soon as possible.
2. Uninstall AutoKMS like any other app
- In the Search bar, type Control and open Control Panel.
- In the Category view, click on Uninstall a program.
- Find AutoKMS and uninstall it.
- Remove the downloaded installation files.
As we already stated above, you can simply uninstall it. Navigate to Control Panel and remove it just like any other application. If you’re not sure how to do it, follow the instructions above.
3. Get rid of AutoKMS by using dedicated malware tools
The best way to remove all malware from your computer is to use an antivirus or antimalware dedicated tool.
However, don’t you imagine that we’re talking about a tool for advanced users. This anti-malware software and malware removal is easy to use and can help you forget all about AutoKMS.exe.
Since it is a modern all-in-one solution, it is lightweight and based on artificial intelligence and machine learning to keep your data safe even from the latest online threats.
Remove malware and protect your computer with one of the best modern antivirus solutions.
4. Perform a deep scan with Windows Defender
- Open the Settings app by pressing the Windows+ I hotkey combination.
- Select Update & Security.
- Open Windows Security or Windows Defender from the left pane.
- Choose Virus & threat protection.
- Click on Scan options and select Microsoft Defender Offline Scan.
- Save everything before you proceed because the PC will restart.
- Wait for the process to finish.
Follow the instructions above to perform a deep scan with Windows Defender. Your PC will restart and perform a thorough search for any malicious software and remove it.
If you need more info on how to perform a full system scan directly from Windows Security Center, don’t hesitate to check our dedicated guide.
After that, you should be in the clear. In addition, it’s your decision whether you’ll uninstall and delete the pirated program or not. But, always have in mind that free software tools aren’t always safe.
AutoKMS is only one suspicious piece of pirated software and there are others, much more dangerous files out there, carefully hidden within the installation.
What’s your experience with AutoKMS? Tell us in the comments section below.