14. Start Google Chrome and try to use the browser.
If the error occurred due to Windows Firewall blocking the connection, you should be able to connect without any errors now.
2. Use Vipre
Vipre is you new solution when it comes to protecting you PC from malware and any type of dangerous threats.
This high-quality anti-virus software is designed to keep your online experience as safe as possible. It comes with anti-spam protection, an integrated firewall and unlimited VPN.
One of the most notable features is the anti-tracking tool that protects you against identity theft and personal data phishing .
With this app you no longer have to worry about being spied on through your laptop web cam, because Vipre provides you with the right digital tools that keep you safe from this kind of problems.
The anti-malware software with free VPN that’s meant to upgrade your internet experience!
3. Add an exception to antivirus firewall
- Start Avast Antivirus if not running or launch it from the taskbar hidden menu.
- Click on Avast Settings.
3. Select Avast Protections.
4. Click the Customization link placed next to Web Shield. This will open a new window.
5. From the left pane, click on the Exclusions option.
6. Type the URL of the website that is blocked by the antivirus resulting in the error in the URLs to exclude field.
7. Click on Add to add the URL.
8. Click OK to save the changes.
9. Open Chrome and try to access the website and check for any improvements.
If the issue persists disable the Web Shield temporarily and then check for any improvements. To disable Web Shield, go to Active Protection and toggle the switch for Web Shield to turn off protection.
4. Add an exception to Windows Defender
- Click on Start and select Settings.
- Click on Update and Security.
- Click on the Open Windows Security button.
- On the Windows Security window, click on the Virus & threat protection tab from the left pane.
- Scroll down to Virus & threat protection and click on Manage Settings.
- Again scroll down the Exclusion section.
- Click on the Add or remove exclusion option.
- Next, click on the Add an exclusion button and select Folder.
- Navigate to the following location C:Program Files (x86)
- Select the Google folder and click on Select Folder.
- Click OK to save the changes.
The Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings is not common, but when it occurs, it is due to your security program blocking the connection.
We trust that our solutions helped you solve this problem. If you have any other questions or suggestions, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.
FAQ: Learn more about firewall settings
- How can I let Chrome access the network in my firewall settings?
See how you can easily fix this common error by following our user-friendly and comprehensive guide on how you can allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall settings.
- How do you check if your firewall is blocking something?
If you suspect that you firewall might at fault for an app that’s not functioning you need to check out our article on what you can do when Windows Firewall is blocking a port or program.
- How do I fix Windows Firewall?
When your firewall is not functioning at optimum capacity your PC becomes vulnerable to cyber threats, see how you can activate Windows Defender Firewall in a few easy steps.
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published in February 2020 and was revamped and updated in January 2021 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.