Copying ripped content from PC to a blank DVD is disc burning. Ripping and burning one disc’s content to another will clone it.
How can I clone a DVD in Windows 10?
1. Use WinX DVD Copy Pro
WinX DVD Copy Pro is a Windows 10 DVD-cloning software specifically designed for copying discs for backup purposes. It is a very straightforward, quick, and flexible DVD copier that includes nine alternative copy modes.
This software enables you to make exact 1:1 disc copies with all their menus retained along with audio and subtitle tracks. Its users can select DVD to ISO, DVD to VIDEO_TS, and DVD to DVD tabs to copy discs.
Furthermore, you can copy encrypted discs with this software as it supports a wide range of DVD encryption. As it also bypasses many regional codes, you can copy all types of DVDs with WinX DVD Copy.
Other useful features
- Bad sector recover engine can repair DVDs
- DVD info reader checks for online disc info
- Enables users to extract video, subtitles, and audio from DVDs
- Enables users to copy specific disc chapter ranges
Here are the steps you need to follow to successfully clone a DVD with this software:
- Insert a DVD into your PC’s disc drive.
- Open the WinX DVD Copy window.
- Click the Clone DVD to DVD tab.
- Select a source DVD and target DVD burner (drive) on the Source DVD and Target DVD Burner drop-down menus.
- Select the Remove CSS encryption or Remove DVD region code options.
- Click the Browse button for the temp folder.
- Click Run to rip the disc’s content.
- When the disc’s content has been backed up to hard drive, insert a blank DVD to burn its content to.
- Press the Burn button.
WinX DVD Copy Pro
Easily clone any DVD in Windows 10 by using this amazingly powerful software today!
2. Rip DVD content with VLC Media Player
- Download VLC from its website, and install the software.
- Insert a non-encrypted DVD in your disc drive.
- Open the VLC window.
- Click VLC’s Media menu.
- Select the Convert/Save option to open the window shown directly below.
- Click the Disc tab.
- Select the DVD radio button.
- Select the disc drive that includes the DVD on the Disc device drop-down menu.
- Press the Convert / Save button.
- Select MP4 for video content on the Profile drop-down menu.
- Click Browse to choose a folder to include the ripped disc content.
- Enter a title for file, and click the Save option.
- Click Start to rip the DVD’s content.
Burn the ripped disc content
- Thereafter, open the folder you saved the ripped DVD content to in File Explorer.
- Replace the current DVD in your disc drive with a DVD to burn to.
- Select the ripped DVD file, and click the Burn to disc option on the Share tab.
- Thereafter, you can select either the With a CD/DVD player or Like a USB flash option.
- Click the Next button, and select the Finish burning option on the Manage tab.
Note: You can only rip non-protected DVDs with VLC.