Therefore, we can only encourage you to take a closer look and try the various methods discussed below.
How do I extract multiple RAR files from different folders?
1. How to extract multiple RAR files with 7-Zip?
- Use 7-Zip to extract multiple RAR files
- Firstly, group all the volumes of the file to extract in the same folder.
- Up next, right-click the one with the lowest number and select 7-Zip > Extract the files from the menu that appears.
- You can now select the folder to extrapolate the files by clicking on the button (…).
- Confirm your action and the extraction procedure should immediately start.
In order to complete the procedure, simply apply the above procedure. However, if the file happens to include a volume that does not have numbers in its name, select that instead of the actual files that end in 00 o 01.
2. Use WinZip to extract multiple RAR files
WinZip, the world’s best file archiver and unzipper, allows you to extract a wide range of file formats of compressed files in an extremely easy way.
All you need to do is to download and install WinZip on your computer and double click on the RAR file icon to open it in WinZip.
Up next, simply select all the contents inside the RAR by holding down the CTRL key during selection. Right-click to choose the extraction option and provide a destination path for saving the output.
That’s how simple the procedure really is. WinZip is known for the ability to process split (multi-volume) RAR files in their entirety as long as they have been saved in the same folder and strong AES encryption.
On top of that, it includes duplicate file detection and seamless integration with Microsoft Teams to improve your daily workflow, so feel free to choose over 7-ZIP.
Looking for a quick way to extract multiple RAR files? Let WinZip handle this task for you!
2. Extract all RAR files in subfolders
For those of you who don’t know, unpacking RAR files in the subfolders of a source folder can be easily done directly with Rar.exe.
More precisely, Rar.exe currently supports wildcards on decompressing RAR archive files. Do note that the option -ad can be removed from the RAR command line if all archives contain a unique folder name.