Through sophisticated disk analysis algorithms, Hetman Office Recovery will help you retrieve and access database files (and others) from formatted, repartitioned, corrupted, inaccessible, worn, and physically unstable disks and partitions.
Hetman Office Recovery
Retrieve and access database files from any devices, no matter how damaged or how corrupted!
3. Select the Compact and Repair Database tool in Access
- Open the Access application.
- Select the Database Tools tab.
- Then click the Compact and Repair Database option on the tab.
- A Database to Compact From window will then open from which you can select a database file to repair.
- Press the Compact button.
- Next, enter a new file title in the Compact Database Into dialog box that opens; and select a folder to save it to.
- Click the Save button. Thereafter, you will have a fresh database that you can open in Access.
First, check out the Compact and Repair Database tool included within Access. That tool can repair corrupted Access database files. Use the above steps to fix databases with the Compact and Repair Database tool.
4. Open the Jet Compact utility
- You can click Download JETCOMP.EXE now on the official JetComp page to save the utility to a folder.
- Click JetCU40.exe in the folder you saved it to open the window shown directly below.
- Click the Browse button to select a folder to extract Jet Comp to, and click the OK button.
- Open the folder that includes the extracted utility, and click JetComp.exe to open the Database Compact Utility 4.0 window.
- Click the … button for the Database to Compact From box to select a corrupted database.
- Then click the … button for the Database to Compact Into box to choose a path to save the newly compacted database. Add a file title for the database to the end of the path if required.
- Press the Compact button.
There’s also a separate Microsoft Jet Compact utility (Jetcomp) that Access users can repair corrupted databases with.
Jetcomp is pretty similar to the built-in Compact and Repair tool in Access as it compacts databases.
However, Jetcomp is certainly worth noting if the Compact and Repair Database utility in Access doesn’t repair your MDB or ACCDB file.
5. Fix Access Database files at OfficeRecovery.com
OfficeRecovery.com includes a few web tools that MS Office users can fix files with. You can fix MDB and ACCDB files with the Repair Access Database ONLINE utility at OfficeRecovery.com.
Open the Repair Access Database in your browser. Then press the Choose file button to select a corrupted database, and click the Secure Upload and Repair button to fix it.
So that’s how you can fix corrupted MS Access database files. Check out the built-in repair option and gradually move on or go directly for a third-party tool such as Stellar and skip the troubleshooting process.
Whatever is your method of choice, it’s guaranteed to work. Let us know how it went by reaching for the comments section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in July 2020 and has been since revamped and updated in October 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.