Because of this, WAV files aren’t always used as the preferred audio format. This applies especially when trying to share music files or when purchasing music online.
Files get corrupted for several reasons like an unexpected computer shutdown or software error.
In the case of WAV files, there are ways to repair and/or fix corrupt elements using audio-editing software programs that play, manage, edit, and fix WAV files easily.
The common ways you can open WAV files include using VLC, iTunes, Windows Media Player, etc.
Here are some solutions you can use to fix a corrupt WAV file.
How can I fix corrupted .wav files?
1. Determine if the file is damaged
- Find the corrupted WAV file.
- Right-click it and select Properties.
- Select the Details tab
- Check for the information of the file from the Details pane (if there’s no info, the file is corrupted).
- Open an audio-editing software.
- Open the corrupt WAV file to repair as a RAW file.
- Save the file in the WAV format.
- Close the audio-editing software and try to play the file to ensure repair and conversion was finished.
In addition, you can use one of many available services that let you repair WAV file online.
2. Use Adobe Audition to repair the file
If you don’t have the time to manually fix corrupted WAV files, you can use Adobe Audition to automatically repair and restore audio.
The tool offers a series of troubleshooting options that will help you to fix corrupted audio files, reduce noise, add or remove audio effects, and more.
This amazing software enables you to repair corrupted WAV files with just a few clicks of the mouse.
Because time is very important for everybody in this day and age, being able to fix corrupted WAV files quickly can save you a lot of trouble. This applies even more in the case that the corrupted file is needed for your work.