Microsoft Store has a very good feature that stores your previous downloaded apps just in case you lose them either from updating your Operating system to a newer version or just do one of the two operations posted above (PC Reset, PC Refresh).
Reinstalling Microsoft Store apps isn’t that hard, and in this article, we’re going to show you how to perform the following:
- Reinstall Windows 10 apps Powershell – Sometimes only way to reinstall Windows 10 apps is to use PowerShell. This is a powerful command-line tool and by using it you can reinstall Microsoft Store apps with ease.
- Reinstall preinstalled apps Windows 10 – Unlike third-party apps, preinstalled apps can be harder to reinstall. In this article we’re going to show you a couple of tricks that you can use to reinstall built-in Microsoft Store apps.
- Install Microsoft Store app manually – Sometimes in order to fix a certain problem you need to remove the application completely from your PC. After doing that, you just need to install it from Microsoft Store again.
- Reinstall the Microsoft Store app – In some more serious cases, you might experience problems with the Microsoft Store app. If that’s so, you might have to reinstall the Microsoft Store app to fix the problem.
What are the steps to follow in order to reinstall Windows 10 apps? First, you can remove the apps manually and then simply reinstall them one by one. As an alternative, you can also use PowerShell to reinstall built-in Microsoft Store apps. Another solution is to simply create a new user account.
How do I reinstall an app on Windows 10?
- Use a specialized uninstaller
- Remove applications manually
- Use PowerShell to reinstall built-in Microsoft Store apps
- Create a new user account
1. Use a specialized uninstaller
Sometimes, regular uninstalling procedures are not enough to completely uninstall an application. And if the app leaves some files behind, those can prevent you from properly reinstalling that app.
That’s why we recommend IObit Uninstaller PRO, an excellent tool that is really easy to run and that will remove any app and any leftover that it may leave behind.
Moreover, this tool will uninstall more programs at the same time with just one click. After running this software to uninstall the app, you can be sure that you will be able to reinstall it without a hitch.
IObit Uninstaller PRO
This excellent tool will make sure that no leftovers are left behind so that you can reinstall any Store app.
2. Remove applications manually
2.1 Remove apps from Apps & Features
- Press the Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- When Settings app opens, navigate to the Apps section.
- A list of all installed apps will appear. Now you just need to select the application you want to remove and click on Uninstall. Follow the instructions on the screen to uninstall the application.
One of the simplest ways to reinstall Microsoft Store apps is to uninstall them manually. However, you will notice that some built-in apps have a grayed-out uninstall button which means that you can’t uninstall them, at least not by using regular means.
However, you can also uninstall those too. we have an excellent guide that will help you quickly uninstall greyed out apps on Windows 10.
2.2 Uninstall apps by right-clicking them