How can I reinstall sound drivers on Windows 10?
1. Reinstall the Realtek audio driver by using DriverFix
Although you can manually reinstall the Realtek audio driver, some users might prefer to utilize driver updater software instead.
If you don’t know already, let us tell you that DriverFix is one of the most highly-rated utilities for updating PC drivers, and for good reason.
After installing the software the only thing that’s between you and a fully-functional system is a quick mouse click. Thanks to its user-friendly interface, the process of searching for updates is easy.
The software automatically downloads all the drivers for your system’s needs by checking your system’s setup and accessing its enormous database of drivers for each of the devices you use it with.
DriverFix is a fast and efficient driver updater software with an extensive driver database of 18 million driver files, so don’t hesitate to give it a try!
With a push of a button, Driverfix will help you reinstall the Realtek audio driver. Give it a try right away!
2. How to reinstall Realtek audio driver Windows 10
Uninstall the driver
- Press the Windows key + X hotkeys.
- Select Device Manager on the menu to open the window shown directly below.
- Double-click Sound, video and game controllers to expand that category.
- Right-click Realtek High Definition Audio and select the Uninstall device option.
- Click the Delete the driver software for this device option shown directly below.
- Click Uninstall to confirm.
Search for duplicate drivers
- Click View and Show hidden devices. Uninstall duplicate audio drivers if there are any.
- Restart Windows before reinstalling the driver.
- Then, you need to open the Realtek HD Audio Driver download page.
- Click the 64 or 32-bit Realtek HD Audio Driver link to download the driver installer.
- Open the downloaded installer for the Realtek HD Audio Driver.
- Go through the setup wizard to install the Realtek HD Audio Driver.
- Restart Windows.