When you open the Instagram app with your account logged out, instead of requiring you to enter your login details, you see the Continue as option.
With this option, anyone can access your Instagram account, so far as you have logged in on the device in the past.
In this guide, we will show you how to remove Instagram remembered accounts from your phone quickly and protect your account.
How do I remove Instagram remembered accounts from a phone?
1. Remove account locally
If you’re logged into your account
- Launch Instagram on your device.
- Go to your profile page.
- Tap on the hamburger icon on the top right-hand side of your screen.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Log out of your username.
- On the popup box, choose not to remember your login information.
The above steps are applicable for when you wish to remove Instagram remembered account after logging in to the app. If you want to do it without logging in, use the method below.
If you’re logged out of the account
- Ensure that you’re logged out of Instagram.
- Open the Instagram app.
- Tap on the three vertical dots beside the Log In button of one account.
- Tap on Remove.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for every account listed on the page.
3. Log out of Facebook
Facebook owns Instagram; so, users can log in to Instagram using their Facebook credentials.
If this is what you did, then the other solution in this guide may not work for you.
To remove Instagram remembered account from your phone when you logged in with the Facebook app, you have to sign out of Facebook.
Next, launch the Instagram app, and you’ll notice that you have successfully removed your Instagram remembered account from the phone.
You can go ahead to log back into Facebook.