That’s precisely why we decided to create this detailed article where we will be showcasing a variety of ways through which you can sync the data between multiple PCs easily, even entire folders.
How do I sync folders between PCs with Windows 10?
1. Sync folders over the network
1.1. How to make the folder shareable
- Locate the folder that you want to sync
- Right-click it and select Properties
- Select the Sharing tab, and select Advanced sharing…
- Check the box next to Share this folder
- Click permissions so that you can set up your share permissions
- Click OK to confirm the changes
1.2. How to access the shared folder
- Press Windows + R to open the Run console
- Type in the following:
Note that you must replace the computername with the name of the computer where you have created the shared folder
You can also simply type in the internal IP address of the computer.
2. Sync folders using third-party tools
If syncing folders isn’t the only thing you have on your mind and you’re also interested in a fast and efficient way of migrating the entire contents of a PC in one simple move, then we recommend trying out a data migration tool.
There are a few of them on the market, which makes choosing the absolute best quite difficult, especially if you don’t know exactly what criteria to take in mind.
We’ve decided to help you make the right choice by recommending FastMove – an excellent all-in-one data migration program. What makes FastMove special is that it’s the only software of the kind that includes a folder sync feature that works both online and offline.
Syncing folders with FastMove can be done far faster than using the previous method thanks to the dedicated Sync Folders tool designed specifically for this particular job.
Here’s how you can use FastMove to keep your data folders in sync between PCs:
- Select two locations. They can be on two different computers, on the same computer, on your PC and your external HDD – you get the idea.
- Let FastMove scan them and find which files are different or missing from one location.
- Select the files you want to copy between the two folders and launch the sync.
The process is really simple and works fast. If you’re using online sync, the actual speed will depend on your network speed and stability. You can also sync folders in an offline mode using a data cable.
As we’ve mentioned above, FastMove is not just a folder sync app. It’s a great program for those who need to move all kinds of data including installed software, user profiles, device drivers, and all Windows settings from their old PC to their new laptop on one go.