Rest assured that you can work with zipped files in the same way that you currently do with uncompressed folders.
The below procedures cover the steps you need to follow in order to turn a folder into a ZIP file, so don’t hesitate to take a closer look.
How can I turn a folder into a ZIP file in Windows 10?
- Firstly, download WinZip and install it on your computer.
- You can now open a folder window.
- Find and select the folders you want to zip.
- Then, right-click the highlighted area.
- In the WinZip sub-menu, choose Add to [filename].zip(x).
- You may also choose Add to Zip file. Unlike the previous option, this one gives you the chance to specify your own Zip file name, encryption, compression type, conversion options, as well as the destination folder.
As you can see above, all it takes is to follow a few simple steps in order to easily create a Zip file from your folders with WinZip.
Other useful options are convenient access to Background Tools, banking-grade encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft Teams, so you’ll find your current choice useful in the future too.
WinZip for Windows
Looking for a way to turn a folder into a ZIP file? Try out WinZip and you’ll easily achieve your goal!
How can I turn a folder into a ZIP file in Mac?
- Download WinZip for Mac and install it.
- Open a folder window and locate the folder you want to zip.
- Then, just right-click the folder.
- You can now choose Add to filename.zip or another Add option that suits you better from the WinZip submenu.
Once again, in order to turn a folder into a ZIP file in Mac, we recommend giving a try to WinZip. Given its ease of usage, comprehensive interface, and unquestionable speed, it won’t disappoint you.
Useful options such as convenient zipping, even when it comes to large files, and direct sharing to Dropbox, Google Drive, and iCloud Drive are available as well.
WinZip for Mac
If you want to easily turn a folder into a ZIP file in Mac, look no further. WinZip is our top recommendation!
Have you successfully completed the above procedure and managed to turn a folder into a ZIP file? Let us know in the comments are below.