Also, your Microsoft Office updates faster and the programs installed with Click-and-Run are virtualized, so they do not conflict with other applications.
Still, if Office Click-to-Run does not meet your needs and you want to uninstall it, please follow the steps described below.
But first of all, you should check if the Office Click-to-Run is installed on your system or not. In order to do that, click on the File menu.
Then, click Help and search for the Click-to-Run updates. If you are able to see this option, then it is installed on your computer.
How can I remove Office Click-to-Run?
- Disable Click-to-Run from Services
- Try using a third-party uninstaller
- Download the Office version that is not Click-to-Run
- Disable Click-to-Run from Control Panel
- Disable Click-to-Run using Task Manager
1. Disable Click-to-Run from Services
- Press the Windows + R keyboard hotkey in order to launch the Run application.
- Type services.msc and press OK.
- Right-click on Microsoft Office Click-to-Run service and select Properties.
- In the General tab, go to Startup type, pull down the menu and select Disable.
- Click OK and restart your computer.
2. Try using a third-party uninstaller
It’s quick, easy, and simple to disable remove Office Click-to-Run on Windows 10 when using a third-party uninstaller tool.
The utility will practically take control over the uninstall process, removing what any other official uninstaller misses from the start.
After you have finished the uninstall with the built-in uninstaller from Windows 10, you can continue the process with a dedicated third-party uninstaller software.
A third-party uninstaller will scan your PC for any leftovers and will provide a report so you will know exactly what files were still on your system after the regular uninstall.
Usually, this kind of software is needed only for uninstalling stubborn software that are hard to get rid off through normal methods but the one we recommend below can also help you keep your system in shape.
With IObit Uninstaller you will get rid of the Click-to-Run app completely with just a few clicks.
3. Download the Office version that is not Click-to-Run
- Visit the site where you purchased Office and sign in by using your Live ID.
- Click My account at the top of the home page to access your Office downloads.
- Click download for the suite you purchased and then click Advanced Options under Download now.
- A version of Office is listed that is not an Office Click-to-Run product and does not require the Q: drive to be available.
This is a simple way to get rid of the Click-to-Run problem so make sure to try it.