How do I completely remove Office from Windows 10?
1. Uninstall Office from Control Panel
You can always try to uninstall it through Windows Programs and Features tool in Control Panel. You can find out how to properly use it in our article about deleting programs in Windows 10.
But a lot of users reported that they were unable to uninstall Microsoft Office with this method, so we have to find another solution for this problem.
We recommend you to replace Microsoft Office in case you cannot arrive to use it properly.
2. Use Microsoft Fix It
- Close all Microsoft Office programs.
- Download Microsoft Fix It, and run it.
- Click on Apply this fix.
- Wait a few minutes, and the troubleshooter will completely remove Microsoft Office from your PC.
Luckily Microsoft is aware of this issue with Microsoft Office, so the company released a fix tool which completely removes Microsoft Office from your PC.
3. Uninstall Office manually
- Locate the Microsoft Office installation folder (which should be stored in C:Program Files).
- Now, simply right-click on the Microsoft Office folder, and select Delete.
If the methods listed above didn’t work, you can try to uninstall Office manually.
But you have to be noted that the manual uninstalling Office from your computer is a very long and complex process, which could cause damage to your system if some step is performed incorrectly.
You can read how to manually uninstall Microsoft Office in this Microsoft’s article.
That’s all, after performing this troubleshooting, you won’t have Microsoft installed on your computer anymore.
And you’ll be able to install it again without any problems, or don’t install it at all, and use some other office software, the choice is yours.