Sometimes, you just can’t remove an app from Control Panel for good. This is how you can uninstall Norton Antivirus on Windows 10.
How can I uninstall Norton Antivirus?
1. Remove Norton Antivirus with a third-party uninstaller
Programs and Features isn’t the best uninstaller to remove Norton Antivirus because doesn’t erase all software residual files and registry entries.
Those leftovers can generate installation issues for replacement antivirus utilities. There is a third-party uninstaller software that also erases leftover files and registry entries.
The tool acts as both a replacement and a supplement to the built-in functionality in Windows. First, it runs the built-in uninstaller for the desired program, and then it scans for leftover data.
This is extremely useful for situations when a program won’t uninstall or when you have doubts that a program has not been uninstalled completely.
Don’t let the traces of uninstalled programs interfere with other apps. Uninstall them with IObit Uninstaller.
2. Uninstall Norton Antivirus via Programs and Features
- Right-click the Start button to open the Win + X menu. Then click Run to open that accessory.
- Enter appwiz.cpl in Run and click OK.
- Select the Norton Antivirus software and click Uninstall/Change.
- Click the Yes button to confirm.
- A Norton uninstaller window will then open that might ask if you want to retain some of the Norton antivirus features. Click No thanks to decline.
- Click the Next button on the uninstaller window to remove Norton Antivirus.
- Restart Windows after uninstalling Norton Antivirus.
Uninstalling Norton Antivirus via the Control Panel might leave some leftover files behind. As such, check for remaining Norton folders with File Explorer.
These are some of the leftover folders users might find: Norton Antivirus, Norton Personal Firewall, Norton Internet Security, and Norton SystemWorks.
You have to manually delete any of the above folders in File Explorer by selecting them and pressing the Delete button.
3. Use the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool
- Get the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Next, right-click NrnR.exe and select Run as administrator to open Norton Antivirus.
- Click the Agree button.
- Then click Advanced Options to select the Remove Only option.
- Press the Remove button to confirm.
- The utility will then prompt users to restart. Click the Restart Now button to do so.
This is a tool specially created by Norton to help you out when you want to remove the software. It uninstalls the Norton currently installed and restarts your computer.