The results will be just as good, to say the least. Thus, you will obtain an error-free, corruption-liberated system that will work like a charm for years to come.
Restoro is powered by an online database that features the latest functional system files for Windows 10 PC, allowing it to easily repair or replace anything on your PC that can lead to an error, such as a BSoD.
Restoro also lets you create restore points before repairs, so in case anything goes wrong, you can simply undo the changes.
This is how you can fix registry errors using Restoro:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch Restoro.
- Wait for it to find any system stability issues and possible malware infections.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
Your PC should now work perfectly fine, and you will no longer have to worry about slow response times, BSoD errors, or anything of the sort.
Disclaimer: This program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
What does the DISM command do?
DISM (Deployment Image & Servicing Management) is a tool used to fix component store corruption that prevents SFC from running properly.
Basically, if SFC is corrupt and doesn’t work for some reason, you can use DISM to restore it. To enable DISM, you just need to do the following:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator by right-clicking Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Press Enter to run the command.
- Wait for it to perform the scan, it can take about five to ten minutes, sometimes more.
- After DISM has finished its scan, restart your computer.
Note: If the progress bar gets stuck on 20 percent, don’t worry, that’s perfectly normal, you just need to be patient.
In addition, you can try the following method as well.
- Mount your Windows 10 .iso file by double-clicking it.
- Open Command Prompt or PowerShell as administrator.
- Check for system health by running these commands:
dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
- Run this command:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:SourcesInstall.wim:1 /LimitAccess
- Remember to replace X with the letter drive on which your Windows 10 ISO is mounted.
- Restart your computer and try scanning again.
How long does DISM scanhealth take?
DISM scanhealth command can usually take a couple of minutes to complete. The main reason why it takes so long is that it compares the damaged files to healthy files and it creates a log on your PC.
As for the exact time, several sources stated that the DISM scanhealth takes about 2 minutes on their PC, but that can change depending on the number of damaged files.
What does DISM RestoreHealth do?
DISM RestoreHealth command will scan your system for corruption and it will repair and corrupted sectors.
Bear in mind that this process can take up to a few hours depending on your system and the number of corrupted files.
As you can see SFC and DISM are quite useful tools, and they aren’t too hard to use.
In the best-case scenario, they can save you from a clean reinstall of Windows 10. So, if you notice any system errors or Windows functions not working, make sure that you give SFC and DISM a try.
That would be all, now you know how to use DISM. If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, feel free to hit the comments section below.