4. Set up iCloud for Windows 10
- Download iCloud for Windows from Apple. The installation process should start automatically. Otherwise, you need to go to File Explorer and manually open the iCloud Setup.
- After installation, restart your computer to let iCloud finish the configuration.
- Make sure that iCloud is running when you open your PC. Otherwise, you’ll need to go to the Start menu and search for iCloud.
- Double-click iCloud to open it.
- Enter your Apple ID to access your iCloud Account.
- Choose what kind of content you want to have synchronized with your iCloud account.
- Click on the Apply button to finish the configuration.
5. Download your photos to your PC
When you turn on the Photos feature, iCloud will automatically create a folder called iCloud Photos.
All the pictures or videos you add to the iCloud folder from your PC can be viewed on any Apple device connected to your account.
You can also access those files from iCloud.com. Through the iCloud Photo Sharing feature, you can share pictures and videos of your most important moments with friends.
Other useful information
Manage your iCloud storage space
iCloud is a free service that offers users 5GB of cloud space to store their data. For most of us, this space is often insufficient and because of this, Apple provides us with the opportunity to upgrade the storage space.
Depending on our needs and budget, you can increase the capacity of the cloud up to 2TB. You can find a price list right on Apple’s website. This upgrade is not permanent and comes with a monthly subscription.
Upgrade iCloud for Windows
All you have to do is open the Apple Software Update on your PC and it will notify you when updates are available. To receive update notifications, you need to configure the Apple Software Update.
From the software’s interface, click on the Edit button and go to Preferences. From that menu, you can choose how often you would like to check for updates (daily, weekly, monthly, or never).
Turn off or uninstall iCloud for Windows
- Type control in the search tab and click on Control Panel from the results.
- Select Programs and Features.
- You will see a list of all the installed programs on your computer.
- Click on iCloud and select Uninstall.
- Click OK to begin the uninstalling process.
FAQ: Read more about Apple iCloud photos on Windows
- How do I view Apple photos on my PC?
You can easily view photos from your iCloud on your Windows PC by downloading the iCloud for Windows app and signing in with your Apple ID.
- How do I open photos on my Mac on Windows 10?
There are several ways to do this, as shown in our guide, but using a third-party app like Adobe Lightroom, you will be able to manage and access your photos regardless of which platform you’re using.
- How do I download photos from iCloud to Windows 10?
You can download your photos from iCloud on your Windows PC via the iCloud for Windows app or one of the other ways listed in this guide.
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published in September 2016 and was revamped and updated in January 2021 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.