- File extraction.
- Microsoft Teams integration.
- ZIP file repair.
- Password protection.
- File Manager and File Splitter features.
- Data back-up and sharing options.
Compress all your important .mov files with this complex tool with minimal quality loss. Try it now!
2. Use VLC to compress the video file
- Download VLC and run it on your device.
- Go to the File menu and select the Convert option.
- Click the Add button and then select the video you want to convert.
- Next, click on the Convert/Save button.
- In the Profile section, select Video – H.265+ MP3 (MP4).
- Click on Destination and select the place where you want the file to be saved.
- Next, click Open.
- Finally, click on Start and wait for the conversion process to be finished.
- It can take a few minutes for the compression process to be completed, depending on the size of the video file. Make sure to keep the window open until is done, otherwise the process could be corrupted.
Note: Parameters such as codec, frame rate, resolution and others can be changed from the settings window. We do recommend that you don’t change the aspect ratio parameters, as that will affect the quality of your video and make it unusable.
3. Convert the .mov file online
If you don’t have a lot of time on your hands and would like to be more efficient with compressing the video files, then using an online website to do this could be an option.
Keep in mind though that in using such online websites you may not have the option to choose which MP4 technology is being used.
Adittionaly, on almost all websites there is a size limit to how big can be the video file you are trying to compress.
There are various websites where you can convert the .mov files and is a great option to use especially when you don’t have a lot of time on your hands.
One such online website is Wondershare. There you can easily compress your video file, as long as the file size is 100 MB or smaller.
The compressing process is quite simple. Once you access the website you will need to upload your video file and then wait to be prompted into downloading the compressed archive. It should not take longer than a few minutes.
Taking into consideration that you will be downloading the file over the Internet, we recommend you install antivirus software on your PC or Mac if you don’t have one already.
With this, we will conclude our article. Compressing a video file, as seen in the above steps, does not have to be a tedious process and it can be done by following a few easy steps.
We hope that one of our solutions helped you and if you have additional suggestions or comments, please let us know in the comments section below.
FAQ: Learn more about video files ZIP
- Does zipping a video file lose quality?
If you will use a dedicated software to zip the video files this will definitely avoid having their quality compromised.
- Can I send videos in a ZIP file through Gmail?
Yes. Once your video files have been compressed so they won’t exceed the allowed limit size, then you can easily send it via Gmail.
- How can I send a video that is too large?
There are several ways to send a large video through email and any of them will do the work perfectly.