According to Kast, the problem can occur due to incompatible microphones and headsets that do not work with streaming computer audio on Kast.
This problem can also occur if you have selected a different audio source for streaming.
In this article, we have listed a few troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the Kast audio not working issue on Windows and Mac computers.
How do I fix the sound on my Kast?
1. Check your computer audio
To fix the Kast no audio input issue, make sure that you have Computer Audio selected as your input.
Also, check if your microphone icon is enabled on the party screen. You may also want to confirm the same with other members if they are facing the issue.
Check your audio device compatibility
According to Kast, some headphones with a USB connection may not work well with the app.
Try changing your headset or using a speaker to fix any problem triggered due to incompatible USB hardware.
2. Enable Stereo Mix in Windows 10
- Expand the system tray, right-click on Kast, and select Exit. You can also kill any Kast process from the Task Manager.
- Next, right-click on the Speaker icon in the taskbar and select Open Sound Settings.
- Under the Master Volume section, click on Manager sound devices.
- Scroll down and click the Stereo Mix option.
- Click the Enable button to enable Stereo Mix.
- Launch Kast and open its audio settings.
- Click the drop-down menu and then select the Stereo Mix option.
- Host a watch party and check if the audio is working.
Using the Stereo Mix feature, you can record the stream output. Kast audio may require you to enable this option and select it as the Audio source to transmit audio.
Enable Stereo Mix to see if that helps you resolve the Kast no audio from video problem.