A good antivirus solution has to be light, fast, to offer excellent protection, but at the same time, it doesn’t have to interfere with your software or trigger such errors.
If you want to completely uninstall your antivirus, we’ve got a dedicated guide for Norton users.
Also, if you’re using McAfee, you can check out this article to learn how to remove it for good.
4. Change your power settings
- Press Windows Key + S, type power and choose Power & Sleep settings from the menu.
- When Power Options window opens, click on Additional power settings.
- Find your current plan and click on Change plan settings.
- Now click on Change advanced power settings.
- Locate Hard disk section and expand it. Click on Turn off hard disk after and set it to Never (You can do that by entering 0 as a value).
- Find the Sleep section and set the sleep timer to 0 in order to turn it off.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
Kernel power 41 errors can be caused by your power settings, so it might be best that you change some of those settings.
5. Turn off Fast Startup
- Open Power Options.
- When Power Options window opens, click on Choose what the power button does.
- Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Scroll down to the Shutdown settings section.
- Locate Turn on fast startup (recommended) and uncheck it.
- Click Save changes.
You should know that this issue can be caused by the Fast Startup option. In order to fix this problem, it’s advised that you turn off Fast Startup feature, and you can do that by following the steps above.
After you’ve turned off Fast Startup, your computer might start a bit slower, but the kernel power 41 error should be resolved.
6. Update your BIOS
In order to update BIOS, you need to visit your motherboard manufacturer’s website and download the latest version of BIOS.
Before you start the update, make sure that you read the instruction manual carefully in order to avoid causing permanent damage to your computer.
If you don’t know how to update BIOS on your own, please ask an expert to do it for you.