3.3 Use the Microsoft audio troubleshooter for older Windows versions
- Download the audio troubleshooting app for Windows from Microsoft’s web page.
- Left-click or tap on the Save File feature.
- Left-click or tap on the OK button.
- After the download is finished, you need to go to the folder where you saved the executable and run it.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish the troubleshooting for the Audio system.
Running the audio troubleshooters is a basic procedure to learn about any possible issues with your sound devices so make sure you try doing that.
4. Install Lenovo’s troubleshooting tool
- Download Lenovo Solution Center app for Windows.
- You will have to open the Readme file after the download in order to finish the installation.
- Follow the procedure to troubleshoot any possible issues.
After you installed the application, reboot your PC and see how the sound is working.
5. Use a different media player
Check on several applications if your sound is working. You might have an issue with a particular application and the others might work.
We have an excellent list with the best media players for Windows 10 so it wouldn’t hurt trying to see if others don’t have this problem.
6. Install pending OS updates
- Type update in Windows search and select Check for updates from the results.
- Click or tap on the Check for updates button.
- After the check is finished, install all the available updates by following the instructions on the screen.
- Reboot the device after the updates have finished installing.
- Check again if you have your sound back.
Installing any new pending updates to your OS can also fix this problem so make sure you try the steps above. Keeping your system up to date is recommended anyway.
7. Make sure that your audio device is enabled
- Right-click on the Volume icon in the Taskbar and go to Playback devices.
- Right-click the empty space and choose Show Disabled Devices.
- Check if your Playback device is on the list. If your audio device is grayed out, this indicated that it has been disabled. Right-click on it and select Enable, as shown in the screenshot below.
- Check if this workaround solved the problem.
Sometimes, third-party apps and programs automatically disable your audio devices. This may explain why there is no sound on your Lenovo B590 speakers.
If your audio device is indeed disabled, all you need to do to solve this issue is to simply re-enable your audio device. If you don’t know how to do that, we have an expert guide that will help you deal with that problem.
We also have a great guide that will help you fix any audio issues on your Windows 10 device so make sure you check it out.
There you go, we hope these solutions helped you fix the problem with the Lenovo B590 sound in Windows 10.
If we have any new information on this subject or further questions, for that matter, you can contact us using the comment section below.