What to do if you have a low memory problem in Windows 10?
1. Close unnecessary processes from Task Manager
- Right-click on a free spot on the taskbar and select Task Manager from the list.
- Once the new window opens, you will see the list of processes and programs that are running in that moment.
- Identify the program or process that is using excessive memory and end them but be careful not to close any system processes because you will cause other problems.
Closing any background programs and processes can free up memory and get rid of the low memory error in Windows 10.
2. Increase virtual memory in Windows 10
- Press Windows logo and X at the same time.
- Click on System and then on Advanced system settings.
- Then click Settings from Advanced pane under Performance.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Click on the Change button below.
- Uncheck Automatically Manage Paging File Size for all Drives.
- Check the Custom Size and set Initial Size and Maximum Size properly.
- Click Set and then click OK.
This procedure will set the right amount for the programs you’re using and block Windows from allocating too much memory for certain programs.
3. Perform a SFC scan to fix the registry
- Press the Windows key + S, type cmd, then click on Run as administrator to start Command Prompt with full privileges.
- Now type the following command and press Enter:
- Wait for the scanning process to complete and then restart your computer.
After this System File Checker scan, all the corrupted files will be replaced but the action will take effect after restarting your system.
4. Use a dedicated tool to fix the system
You can manually fix this problem, but it can be troublesome if you don’t do it exactly right you can create other problems instead.
That’s why we recommend that if you don’t possess the necessary technical skills to try using a dedicated tool that can fix all possible Windows errors, including this low memory error.
The solution recommended below is easy to handle and will do the job quickly and safely, with very little input from your side.
Windows Update is meant to improve the overall performance of your operating system, integrate new features, and even upgrade the existing ones. However, there are times when certain errors may occur out of the blue.
Thankfully, if you happen to run into such issues, there is a specialized Windows repair software that can help you solve them in no time, and it is called Restoro.
This is how you can fix registry errors using Restoro:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for the application to find any system stability issues and possible malware infections.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
After the process is completed your computer should work perfectly fine and you will no longer have to worry about Windows Update errors of any kind.
Disclaimer: This program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
Our solution should solve this problem but in case you’re still getting the Low memory or Out of memory error in Windows 10, you can check out our previous article about low memory in Windows, to find a solution.
If you have any suggestions or you know about any possible solutions, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment in the dedicated section below.