Not only is this Adobe product an excellent photo viewer, but it comes with all the editing tools you will ever need to enhance and doctor photos.
In fact, this program can be considered a lightweight version of Adobe Photoshop, but without the complicated UI.
3. Clear the Windows Store cache
- Press the Windows + R keys to launch the Run program.
- In the Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe and hit the Enter key.
- Restart your PC.
Clearing the Windows Store can effectively resolve the missing Microsoft Photos problem.
Check to see if the issue is resolved after restarting your computer. If not, you should try the next solution.
4. Download and Install Microsoft Photos
Microsoft Photos may have been accidentally or manually uninstalled on your Windows PC.
5. Use PowerShell
- Go to Start, and type PowerShell.
- Right-click it, and select Run as an administrator.
- Type the following commands in the PowerShell window and then hit the Enter key:
- Restart your PC, and launch the Microsoft Store.
- Search for Microsoft Photos to download and install it on your system.
PowerShell can also help if Microsoft Photos app has disappeared.
There you go, these are just a couple of solutions that can help you if Microsoft photos app has disappeared on your PC. Let us know in the comments section if you found our solutions helpful.
FAQ: Learn more about photo viewers
- Where can I get a free photo viewer?
Windows 10 comes with a built-in photo viewer. However, this app has been known to cause issues, such as involuntarily rotating pictures.
- Are there any great alternatives to Photo viewer?
One great alternative to Photo Viewer that can double as an image editor as well is Adobe Lightroom.
- What can I do if I uninstalled my default Photo viewer?
If uninstalled, you can download Photo Viewer again from the Microsoft Store.
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published in May 2019 and was revamped and updated in January 2021 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.