However, there are cases in which you will receive the error message even when your Internet connection is working just fine.
In this article, we will see how to fix the Microsoft Windows Store app when you experience ‘the store needs to be online’ issue.
Of course, apply the troubleshooting solutions from below only after setting up a proper internet connection – just make sure that your device is currently connected to Internet and your modem is working properly.
How can I fix the MS Store needs to be online error?
- Run a system file check
- Run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter
- Reset the Microsoft Store app
- Reinstall Microsoft Store
- Create a new Microsoft account
1. Run a system file check
- Type cmd in the search box and click on Run as administrator under the Command Prompt app.
- Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- Wait while the scan runs – it might take a while depending on how many files are stored on your hard drive.
- Type and run the following commands (press Enter after each command line):
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
If you received the Microsoft Store error after applying a new Windows 10 update or after installing certain software, you should run a system scan. In this way, you can search for system errors and address everything automatically.
Use a third-party system restoration app
The system scans are not always the best answer to problematic files, because they won’t find all possible problems and glitches, especially when we’e talking about newly emerget issues.
A better way to scan your system for faulty files and software is to actually use a third-party app that was designed for this purpose.
2. Run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter
- Press the Windows Key + S and type Troubleshoot settings.
- Open it, then go to Additional troubleshooters.
- Scroll down the list until you find Windows Store Apps.
- Run the troubleshooter.
If the system scan wasn’t helpful, you should also initiate another scan that is dedicated to fixing apps and associated files. This is a Windows default troubleshooter that can also fix any related problems.
In the end, restart your device and try Microsoft Store in order to see if you still get the already discussed ‘the store needs to be online’ malfunction.