What do I do if Ethernet light on router won’t turn on?
1. Try using a different power outlet
- Disconnect the router from the power outlet.
- Connect it to a different power outlet.
- Start the router and check if the issue is still there.
This is a simple solution, but it might help you if Orbi satellite is not working for you.
2. Check cable connectivity
- Check the cable connectivity between the router and the modem.
- Insert one of the cables from your device into one of the modem ports labeled Ethernet or Data.
- Make sure the Ethernet cable you’re using is not damaged.
3. Reset your router
- Locate the reset button on your router.
- Press and hold it for 15 seconds.
- After doing that, check if the problem is gone.
This method can help if power LED is flashing red on your router, so try to reset it properly and check if that helps.
4. Change the router’s configuration
- On the router configuration page, enable the AP mode.
- Disable Wi-Fi radios on your modem.
- After doing that, check if the issue is still there.
This issue occurs if you have another router or modem in front of your Orbi router. You can also fix this issue by enabling the Bridge mode on that modem/router.
5. Update firmware via TFTP Client
- Start the TFTP Client. It’s advised to use the Windows built-in TFTP Client.
- Use the software to update your router’s firmware via LAN.
For detailed instructions, be sure to check your router’s manual.
6. Contact Netgear support
If you’re still having issues with the router, it’s possible that it’s damaged, so it would be best to contact Netgear support.
If the router won’t turn on after power outage, it’s rather likely that it’s damaged, so you might have to replace it.
As you can see there are various issues that can disrupt your Orbi router from functioning properly.
If your Orbi router won’t turn on, be sure to follow the instructions from this guide carefully, and hopefully you’ll be able to fix the problem.
We’d like to hear about your experience so let us know if you managed to fix this issue on your own.