If you can’t open Nvidia Control Panel, perhaps you can fix the problem simply by ending Nvidia Display Container process.
3. Check your antivirus
According to users, a common problem with applications can be your antivirus. Sometimes you can’t open Nvidia Control Panel because your antivirus is interfering with it.
To fix the problem, it’s advised to check your antivirus settings and make sure that your antivirus isn’t blocking Nvidia Control Panel.
If that’s not the issue, try disabling certain antivirus features and check if that helps. In addition, you can also try disabling your antivirus altogether and check if that helps. In the worst cases scenario, you can even try removing your antivirus.
Several users reported that AVG antivirus caused this issue to appear, but after removing it the problem was resolved. Even if you don’t use AVG, you can try removing your antivirus and check if that solves the problem.
If removing the antivirus solves the problem, you should consider switching to a different antivirus solution.
There are many great antivirus tools on the market, but if you want maximum protection that won’t interfere with your system, you should consider using Bitdefender.
4. Make sure that the necessary services are running
- Press the Windows Key + R and enter services.msc. Now press Enter or click OK.
- When Services window opens, locate Nvidia Display Container LS and double-click it to open its properties.
- Now set the Startup type to Automatic and click the Start button to start the service. Click Apply and OK to save changes.
- Now locate Nvidia Network Service Container, set its Startup type to Automatic and make sure that the service is running.
After doing that, the problem with Nvidia Control Panel should be completely resolved.
In order for your system to work properly, certain services need to be running. The same goes for Nvidia Control Panel, and if you can’t open Nvidia Control Panel, perhaps the necessary services aren’t running.
According to users, Nvidia Control Panel relies on two services, and if they aren’t running, you might encounter this or some other issue. To enable the required services, you just need to follow the above steps.
5. Start the application directly from the installation directory
- Go to the C:Program FilesNVIDIA CorporationControl Panel Client directory.
- Locate and run nvcplui.exe.
After doing that, the Nvidia Control Panel should start without any problems. If you want, you can create a shortcut of this application on your desktop and use it to quickly start Nvidia Control Panel.
If you want, you can also force Nvidia Control Panel to start automatically with your system. To do that, you just need to create a shortcut of Nvidia Control Panel and put it in the following directory:
By doing so, the application will start automatically with your system every time.
If you can’t open Nvidia Control Panel on your PC anymore, you might be able to solve this issue simply by starting the application right from the installation directory.
6. Disable Fast Boot option in Windows 10
- Press the Windows Key + S and enter power settings.
- Choose Power & sleep settings from the menu.
- In the right pane, scroll down to the Related settings section and click Additional power settings.
- Power Options window will now open. From the menu on the left select Choose what the power button does.
- Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended) option and click Save changes.
After doing that, the Fast Boot option should be disabled completely. Bear in mind that your system will start a bit slower than before, but the problem with Nvidia Control Panel should be resolved.
Windows 10 has a useful feature called Fast Boot, and thanks to it your system will boot faster than in previous versions of Windows. This feature won’t completely turn off your PC which will allow it to boot faster.
However, this feature can cause various issues such as this one. If you can’t open Nvidia Control Panel, perhaps you can solve the problem simply by disabling Fast Boot.
7. Reinstall the driver from NVIDIA GeForce Experience
- Open NVIDIA GeForce Experience.
- Now head over to the Drivers section.
- Select Re-install the driver option and choose Quick install.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the reinstall process.
- Once the driver is reinstalled, check if the problem is still there.
According to users, you might be able to fix the problems with Nvidia Control Panel simply by reinstalling the driver.
Several users reported that they fixed the problem simply by reinstalling the driver from NVIDIA GeForce Experience application.
8. Make sure that Nvidia Control Panel isn’t hidden
- Press the Windows key + S and enter control panel.
- Choose Control Panel from the list of results.
- When Control Panel opens, choose Nvidia Control Panel.
- Go to Desktop and select Add Desktop Context Menu and Show Notification Tray Icon.
After doing that, you should see Nvidia Control Panel in your Taskbar and in your context menu.
Sometimes you can’t open Nvidia Control Panel simply because it’s hidden. Certain software or Windows update can hide it, but there’s a way to fix this problem.
Not being able to open Nvidia Control Panel can be a big problem, especially if you want to fine-tune your graphics card.
However, we hope that you managed to solve this issue by using one of our solutions. For more suggestions, please access the comments section below.