How can I fix the Oculus problem with the graphics driver error?
1. Use DriverFix
DriverFix has a big driver database that includes more than 18 million drivers. Furthermore, this software also scans very quickly so that you don’t have to wait about much to see what drivers need updating.
Other useful DriverFix features
- Enables users to schedule driver scans
- Includes a download manager that displays download progress
- Live chat support provided for DriverFix
- Includes a driver backup utility
Fix any issues with Oculus by quickly installing the missing drivers today!
2. Reinstall the graphics card driver
- Navigate to your graphics card company website.
- Download the latest driver for your graphics card.
- Click the Type here to search button on your Windows 10 taskbar.
- Type Device Manager in the search box and open it.
- Double-click Display adapters to expand it.
- Right-click your graphics card and select Uninstall device.
- Select the Delete the driver software for this device checkbox on the confirmation prompt that opens.
- Press the Uninstall button.
- Thereafter, restart Windows.
- Then install the graphics card driver you downloaded from NVIDIA or AMD’s website.
3. Check your AMD or NVIDIA graphics card is enabled
- Open Device Manager as outlined for the second resolution.
- Double-click the Display adapter category to expand its device list.
- Right-click the NVIDIA or AMD graphics card to open its context menu.
- Select the Enable device option if it’s disabled.
4. Uninstall video-capturing software
- Try uninstalling video-capturing software, such as Bandicam, by pressing the Win + R hotkey.
- Enter appwiz.cpl in Run and click OK to open the Windows uninstaller.
- Select an installed video-capturing utility.
- Then click the Uninstall option for the selected video-capturing software.
- Click Yes to provide further confirmation for any prompt windows that might open.
Those are some of the resolutions users have fixed the Oculus has detected a problem with the graphics drivers issue with.
If other potential fixes are needed, however, you can send a support request at the Submit a request Oculus support page.
FAQ: Learn more about the Oculus driver issues
- What are the minimum graphics card requirements for the Oculus Rift?
Our Oculus Rift post provides further details for that headset’s minimum graphics card requirements.
- How can I reinstall the Oculus app in Windows?
Reinstalling the Oculus app is not a confirmed fix for the headset’s driver issue, but you can try to uninstall the software and re-install it.
- How do you update graphics card drivers without driver updater software?
You can manually update graphics card drivers by downloading them from the AMD or NVIDIA websites yourself as outlined within our Update graphics card driver guide.