It’s time for the Sunday giveaway! Like every week, we’re giving away a brand new Android device to one lucky Android Authority reader.
A big congratulations to the winner of last week’s Samsung Galaxy A71 giveaway, Het V. from India.
This week we’re giving away a brand new OnePlus 8, brought to you by the DGiT Daily newsletter!
The DGiT Daily newsletter is a daily briefing focused on bringing you the best tech news and links to what’s happening all around the web. It doesn’t matter if it’s from The Wall Street Journal or the depths of a 41-tweet Twitter thread — we’ll find it, and tell you what it means.
The daily email arrives fresh at around 7 a.m. ET every day, and we’re committed to making sure it entertains with a brief, honest, authoritative, and never-too-serious look at the tech news of the day via our Senior Editor, Tristan Rayner.
The DGiT Daily also comes with a daily surprise segment you’ll have to read each day — you’ll get an idea by looking at our recent editions from this week: The not-good Microsoft Surface Duo from Friday and Xbox Series S goes official from Tuesday.
The OnePlus 8 may not be a Pro or Plus model, but it’s no lightweight. This Snapdragon 865-powered phone carries over a lot of the allure of the larger OnePlus 8 Pro, with features such as a 90Hz display and rapid charging, for $200 less.
Whether you run the OnePlus 8 with the screen set to 60Hz or 90Hz, you’re going to get world-class performance. The phone fared well on benchmarks, beating 99% of other devices in the databases of 3DMark, Geekbench, and GFXBench.
The 4,300mAh battery of the OnePlus 8 is just 4.6% lower capacity than the Pro version, and much larger than the 3,800mAh pack in the OnePlus 7T. It consistently pushed through a day and a half of normal use for us, and sometimes extended close to one and three-quarter days. A 6.78-inch AMOLED screen, 8GB of RAM, and 128GB of storage complete the package.
To learn more about the OnePlus 8, check out our related coverage below.
Enter the giveaway here
Don’t miss: AKG K371 international giveaway
- This is an international giveaway (except when we can not ship to your country).
- We can ship prizes to all regions in North America, Europe, and Australia. If you live in another region, depending on where you live, we may contact you to offer an alternative prize of equal or similar value to the smartphone offered in the giveaway.
- We are not responsible for lost shipments.
- We are not responsible if your giveaway prize malfunctions.
- You must be age of majority in your country of residence.
- We are not responsible for any duties or import fees that you may incur.
- Only one set of entries per person; please do not enter multiple email addresses. We will verify all winners and if we detect multiple email addresses by the same person you will not be eligible to win.
- We reserve all rights to make any changes to this giveaway.
- This giveaway is operated by Android Authority.
- The prize will ship when it is available to purchase.
More: Android Authority international giveaway FAQs