The reason why this error appears is due to the OS encountering a critical issue, in most cases a low-level software running in Windows 10, including a faulty hardware driver.
Take a closer look at this article, we will explore exactly how you can solve this error in just a few easy steps.
How can I fix pdc watchdog timeout error?
1. Update your drivers
- In the Search bar type Device manager.
- In the opened window click on the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
- Select all the options from Standard SATA AHCI Controller.
- Press on Update drivers.
2. Update BIOS
- Press Win+X together and select Run from the list.
- Write msinfo32 and hit the Enter button.
- In the System Information window search and select BIOS Version/Date.
- Take a note of the displayed information, you will need them later.
- Open a new web browser tab.
- Go to your manufacturer’s website and search for your BIOS.
- Find the latest, compatible version and download the files.
- Once finished, make sure to restart your device.
3. Check for malware
- Click on the Start button and press on Settings.
- Press Win+I to open the Windows Settings app.
- Next, click on Update & Security and select Windows Security.
- Now select the Virus & threat protection option and press on Scan option on the new page.
- Once the process is completed click on the Clean threats option.
- Finally, if any malware found click Remove and restart your device once finished.
4. Run the Blue screen troubleshooter
- Open a new page in your browser and navigate to Troubleshoot blue screen errors.
- Here, go to the When did you get this error section.
- Select your case and press on one of the available buttons.
- Make sure to follow the indication presented on the next screen.
5. Remove external hardware
It’s not uncommon for the Pdc_watchdog_timeout BSOD error to happen due to external hardware.
Make sure to unplug any external devices or drivers that may be plugged into your device that are not needed for basic functionality.
Once all these external hardwares have been removed, please restart your device and if the problem does not persist then this can be a confirmation that the external device may be the cause of the issue.
In this case make sure to contact the manufacturer for additional support.
As you can see, solving the blue screen error can be fixed by following a few simple steps and the reason why it appears can differ from case to case.
Try our recommended solutions and leave a comment to let us know which one was the best for solving this issue.