This is how one Reddit user described the problem:
I was experiencing slow loading of files on my Silhouette Studio designer edition. Sometimes taking up to 1 hour or never loading the file. Even with a fresh windows installation.
In this article, we will explore some of the best proven methods to deal with this issue, and avoid encountering this problem in the future. Read on to find out more.
What can I do if Silhouette Studio software is running slow?
1. Clean the clutter off your PC’s hard-drive
- Open up CCleaner.
- In the Cleaner tab, select which items you want to check in both tabs (Windows and Applications).
- Click on Analyze.
- After the process is complete, select Run Cleaner.
- Open Silhouette Studio and check to see if the issue persists.
If you’re wondering why is Silhouette Studio so slow, you cache is usually the answer, and by cleaning it the problem should be resolved.
2. Use a better alternative (Adobe Illustrator)
Adobe Illustrator is a long established leader when it comes to anything vector related. So is the case for silhouettes, it allowing you to create precise down to pixels vector files.
This tool, like other products from Adobe, is one the most reliable and stable when it comes to performance and features available. Besides silhouettes, there are hundreds of features and plugins you can use to achieve any desired effect.
With the help of layers, pen and anchor point tool you can connect multiple points to form a desired shape which then you can use to create things such as logos, banners or integrate it in photos.
If you’re experiencing problems in Silhouette Studio 4.4 or newer, we strongly suggest that you consider Adobe Illustrator as an alternative.
Adobe Illustrator is a professional software for vector graphics, and one of the best alternatives to Silhouette Studio.
3. Update your graphics card drivers
- Press Win + X keys on your keyboard.
- Select Device Manager.
- Inside the manager, find your graphics card driver.
- Right-click on it and select Update Driver.
- Choose the option ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’.
- After the update process is complete, try to see if the issue persists with Silhouette.
Outdated drivers can cause Silhouette Studio to become slow, and we highly advise you to update all your drivers to prevent that.
Although you can do that manually, it’s usually best to use fully automated solutions such as DriverFix to keep all your drivers up to date at all times.