- Right-click the volume icon and choose Sounds from the menu.
- Go to the Recording tab and look for your microphone. If your microphone isn’t set as the default device, right-click it and choose Set as Default Device from the menu. Now click Apply and OK to save changes.
After setting your microphone as the default device, check if Slack can’t still recognize your microphone.
5. Reinstall Slack
If Slack couldn’t find your microphone, perhaps the problem is related to the application itself. Sometimes your installation can get corrupted, and in order to fix the problem, it’s advised that you reinstall it.
There are several methods that you can use to reinstall an application, but the most effective one is to use an uninstaller software tool.
In case you don’t know, uninstaller software is an application that can remove any software from your PC, along with all of its files and registry entries.
If you’re looking for a reliable choice, we suggest that you try IObit Uninstaller. As a result, it will completely remove the application and prevent leftover files from interfering with your system.
6. Restart Slack
If you’re having problems with Slack and your microphone, perhaps the issue is just a temporary glitch.
Sometimes these types of problems can occur, and in order to fix them, the simplest solution is to restart your application.
Once Slack restarts, check if the problem is still there. If you’re using Slack in a browser, restart your browser and try to run Slack again.
Alternatively, you can try running Slack in a different browser and check if that helps.
7. Check if the microphone is properly configured in Slack
If you’re having problems with Slack, perhaps your microphone isn’t properly configured. Slack should find your microphone by default, but if it can’t you might have to manually configure it.
This is fairly simple to do, and you can do it from the Preferences page in Slack.
After you set your microphone properly in Slack, the issue should be resolved and you’ll be able to make voice calls with ease.
8. Use the built-in troubleshooter
- Open the Settings app. To do that quickly, use Windows Key + I keyboard shortcut. After the Settings app opens, head over to the Update & Security section.
- Select Troubleshoot from the left pane. In the right pane, select Hardware and Devices and now click Run the troubleshooter.
- Follow the instructions to complete the troubleshooter.
Once the troubleshooter is finished, check if the problem is still there. If the issue is still present, try running Recording Audio troubleshooter and check if that helps.
9. Install the latest updates
- Open the Settings app and head over to the Update & Security.
- In the right pane, click Check for Updates.
If any updates are available, they will be downloaded automatically in the background. Once the updates are installed, check if the problem is still there.
Not being able to use a microphone with Slack can be a big problem, and speaking of problems, here are some common issues that users reported:
- Slack call audio not working – This issue can occur if your microphone isn’t properly configured in Windows. To fix this problem, open the Settings app and check your microphone settings.
- Please check your microphone. Slack isn’t receiving any audio right now – If this is your issue too, then be sure to check your audio settings in Slack and configure your microphone properly.
- Slack not picking up microphone – This issue can occur due to your audio drivers, so in order to fix the problem, be sure that you update them.
Problems with Slack can occur once in a while, and if you have any microphone-related issues with Slack, be sure to try some of our solutions.