Thankfully there are other syslog specialized software you could use, that have been tested and are working perfectly.
We will explore in this article a few solutions for helping you fix this issue, so make sure to keep on reading.
How can I fix Solarwinds not receiving syslog?
1. Use a specialized software
Using a specialized software that comes with advanced syslog management capabilities and is error free, is recommended.
PRTG Network Monitor is also a great tool for helping you to monitor the availability of the hardware, check the bandwidth and many more.
The tool is reliable, efficient and you can even set customized alerts for reporting syslog incidents.
PRTG Network Monitor
Stay on top of everything that happens in your network with the help of the best syslog monitor tool out there.
2. Ensure the syslog service is running
- Open Start and search for SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor.
- Go to Advanced Features and select Shutdown NetPerfMon tool.
- This will ensure that the Syslog service is running.
3. Check with the vendor
It can happen that the devices are not configured for sending syslog messages on UDP port 514.
In order to see if that’s the case and what would be the next course of action, we would recommend that you contact the vendor.
In doing that you will receive support with configuring the devices to send syslog messages.
4. Check the filter/alert
- Open SolarWinds and go to the View tab.
- Click on Filter alert/ rules and open each of them.
- Edit all alerts and check the actions listed under the Alert Actions tab.
SolarWinds not receiving syslog can be troublesome and stop you from receiving important data.
Solving this error is simple with following the exact steps indicated in this article.