This article will give you the right solutions to help you solve this problem, and enjoy your favorite game, so be sure to check them out.
How do I get Age of Empires 2 to work on Windows 10?
1. Use a system optimizer
For a better gaming experience, we recommend downloading Restoro. It will help with various gaming issues, by empowering your PC.
This is a universal system optimizer that can remove malware and repair any damage on your PC caused by viruses.
You can get Age of Empires 2 to work on Windows 10 with just a couple of clicks, because this is a completely automized software.
If you’re looking for a quick AoE2 fix on Windows 10, turn to this reliable repair tool.
2. Run the game in compatibility mode
- Right-click Age of Empires 2 shortcut, and choose Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Check Run this program in compatibility mode, and select the operating system from the list.
- Click Apply, then OK.
Since Age of Empires 2 is a very old game, maybe running it in the compatibility mode could solve the problem.
If you’re running Age of Empires 2 on Steam you might try the following solution.
3. Disable the Age of Empires 2 launcher
- Open Steam, and find Age of Empires 2.
- Right-click it, and choose Properties.
- Go to the Set launch options.
- Type NoStartUp, and click OK.
- Click Local files, and then Browse local files.
- Delete or rename Launcher.
- Create a copy of AoK HD.
- Rename the copy of AoK HD to Launcher.
- Go back to the Steam properties window, and click Close.
If running the game in the compatibility mode didn’t solve the problem, you can try with disabling the game launcher.
4. Make sure your game is up to date
If you want to be sure that you do not encounter other problems on Windows 10 with this game, then you need to run the latest version of the Age of Empires 2.