In this article, we explore a few troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the WinRAR not responding problem.
How do I fix the WinRAR not responding on Windows 10 problem?
1. Use WinZip for file compression
WinZip is a popular compression software that can help you fix the WinRAR not responding issue. Using a good WinRAR alternative, like WinZip, can help if there is a glitch with the app during file extraction.
Apart from the best-in-class file compression, WinZip also offers some additional features. For one, it comes with a versatile file management system on Windows computers and devices.
It also comes with easy sharing by email, cloud, social media and IM, PDF conversion, watermarking, and excellent encryption to protect your personal data. With Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive integration, it offers access to cloud storage accounts.
Key features of WinZip:
- Supports all major file formats including Zip, RAR, 7Z, and GZIP.
- Bank-level encryption for file protection.
- Built-in file manager to access and manage files on your PC, network, and cloud.
- PDF conversion, watermarking, and easy sharing features.
Avoid having your archiving software not responding when you need it most by using this amazing application today!
2. Check your antivirus software
If you are noticing your PC to have stopped responding along with WinRAR, check your antivirus. Your antivirus software may have started scanning the zip file to protect your PC from malware and adware.
To confirm if the antivirus is causing the issue, do the following.
- End the WinRAR extraction process. Open Task Manager and then kill the WinRAR process.
- Right-click on your antivirus icon by expanding the system tray.
- Select Disable temporarily or similar options.
- Once the antivirus is disabled, try extracting the file again with WinRAR.
Once completed, turn on your antivirus again and then try compressing or unzipping the file. If the issue persists with the antivirus on, install a different antivirus and see if that resolves the error.