It’s not safe to keep your PC unprotected although after uninstalling the antivirus, you will still have protection from Windows Defender.
However, you will need more powerful protection and we recommend VIPRE Antivirus Plus which is a lot more reliable and doesn’t produce any such inconvenience with your games.
And because you’re a gamer, you will like the fact that VIPRE can prevent your webcam and microphone from being hacked into by denying all external access attempts.
VIPRE Antivirus Plus
VIPRE will leave your games alone and allow them to update but still keep your PC protected.
2. Update Windows
- In the Windows Search bar, type Check and click on Check for updates.
- Click on the Check for updates button under Windows Update.
- Install all updates and restart your PC.
- Try running State of Decay 2 again.
The issues for some users started after a certain Windows Update. When something like this occurs, you can do two things. Firstly, you can uninstall the latest update and move from there.
An alternative in this scenario is to update Windows 10 and, hopefully, there’ll be a patch that addresses the game issues.
We all know how much Windows Updates, especially lately, affect Microsoft Store and its respective games. Lots of crashes and errors are somewhat related to Windows 10’s latest releases.
As always, we’re keener to recommend the second scenario, but you can do as you wish.
3. Run the Troubleshooter
- Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Choose Gaming.
- Select Xbox Networking from the left pane.
- The troubleshooter will scan for network compatibility.
- Click Fix it if there are problems found.
Besides the usual troubleshooting tools, Windows 10 offers a specific troubleshooting tool for Microsoft games. And luckily, State of Decay 2 is in this category.
This tool will check on your latency, compatibility, and connectivity. Furthermore, if there’s any problem, it should resolve it — as long as it concerns the multiplayer segment.
Since the error code 10 prevents players from joining a multiplayer campaign, this built-in troubleshooter just might come in handy.
4. Troubleshoot the connection
In order to make sure you’re (or your PC, rather) not the one to blame for the issue, we recommend a detailed connection troubleshooting.
These steps might differ depending on your router/modem, but you can easily google it and find the instructions for port forwarding and how to enable UPnP and QoS.
Here’s the list of some common steps you should follow when troubleshooting Windows 10 connectivity/network issues:
- Switch to a wired connection.
- Check server status on the dedicated game website.
- Restart your modem and/or router.
- Flush DNS.
- Update router/modem firmware.
- Consider configuring Port Forwarding and UPnP on the router.
5. Fix the Teredo adapter
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
- In the command line, type the following commands one-by-one and press Enter after each:
set teredo client
- The Teredo Tunneling adapter should pop-up in the Device Manager, under the Network adapters section.
- Restart your PC and update Windows 10 again.
Most of the users won’t need Teredo Tunneling adapter. Never. However, in order to communicate on Xbox Live and play Microsoft’s multiplayer games, you’ll need to install it.
Or rather enable it, as it’s already there as the part of the legacy driver suite which comes with the system. Basically, if you want to play State of Decay 2 or similar games, you’ll need a Teredo adapter up and running.
Now, seemingly, it’s not as simple to install it as we initially thought. You can use Device Manager and add a Legacy driver but, more times than not, it won’t work.
What you’ll need to do to get this matter straight is running the commands listed above in the elevated Command Prompt.
With that, we can conclude this article. Hopefully, you were able to fix the error code 10 in State of Decay 2 with one of the aforementioned steps.
And if that’s not the case, make sure to post the ticket and wait for the resolution as the issue is, likely, on the other side.
Either way, feel free to share your experience with us. You can do so in the comments section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in June 2018 and has been since revamped and updated in October 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.